Teenager Repellent Page 2

Quote: Gavin @ February 27 2009, 12:02 AM GMT

Yeh. Your as deaf as a door frame.

Pardon?

Listened again. Now feel a bit dizzy!

If you listen to it three times, your head explodes.

Night all! Wave

Night Chewie.

I'm 45 and my hearing isn't very good*, but I can still hear it.

* Thanks to a particular Van Halen concert in 1978 where I spent the entire show leaning on the massive PA system. Honorable mentions go to a few Motorhead and Who concerts and firing an automatic weapon without hearing protection.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 27 2009, 12:05 AM GMT

If you listen to it three times, your head explodes.

Night all! Wave

*Presses play...*

ARGH IT GETS WORSE!

Quote: DaButt @ February 27 2009, 12:07 AM GMT

I'm 45 and my hearing isn't very good*, but I can still hear it.

* Thanks to a particular Van Halen concert in 1978 where I spent the entire show leaning on the massive PA system. Honorable mentions go to a few Motorhead and Who concerts and firing an automatic weapon without hearing protection.

I was in rock bands until my late 20s and thought I was going a bit deaf a couple of years ago. I went to the quacks who told me my forward hearing isn't great because I have abnormally-flat ears which don't collect soundwaves properly.

Aren't doctors twats?

I always bring a nice set of earplugs to concerts. Hearing damage is no fun. I can't hear a word that's said to me in a noisy environment, even if they yell into my ear loudly enough to be painful.

In 1985 the Army doctors told me that the hearing in my right ear was alomst bad enough to preclude enlistment. He admonished me for firing guns without hearing protection (I guess it's the most common cause of single-ear hearing loss) so I had to convince him that 2 hours of leaning against Eddie van Halen's PA was the culprit.

I'm glad that most concerts are much quieter than they were in the 70s and 80s. I've been to small (1000 people) indoor shows 30 years ago that had a larger PA setup than today's stadium gigs.

It's always nice to see today's teens wearing hearing protection at shows. They would have been laughed out of the venue 30 years ago.

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 27 2009, 12:11 AM GMT

I was in rock bands until my late 20s and thought I was going a bit deaf a couple of years ago. I went to the quacks who told me my forward hearing isn't great because I have abnormally-flat ears which don't collect soundwaves properly.

Aren't doctors twats?

*snigger*

I can't hear it at all. Sweet ignorance!

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 26 2009, 7:54 PM GMT

I'm 37.

I thought you were in your fifties!

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch. Why would anyone want to inflict that on someone?

That kills my ears. Then again, I am 21 so I'm not surprised.

I honestly think it's disgraceful that they're putting it onto shopping malls. I was never one of those teenagers to hang around in shopping centres, or on the streets or parks or whatever and can completely see why people would want to keep ragamuffins out of their shops. But to broadcast something that causes pain to a whole generation if just completely wrong. Surely there is some sort of illegality going on here?

There are rules about discriminating against people based solely on their age. After all, it's not like they'd broadcast hard house or rap music to keep teh oldies out of shopping centres.

Just wear an iPod whilst you steal. Of course you'll have to steal the iPod first.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ February 28 2009, 5:23 PM GMT

That kills my ears. Then again, I am 21 so I'm not surprised.

Well I'm 21, and it doesn't kill me! Maybe it's based on the effects to one's hearing that loud gigs have had. And as I've only attended, er, one or two, I'm still good.