Chrismas podcasts - feedback appreciated

Merry Christmas

I have been doing my comedy podcast for quite some time and every few months I post a link to get some people to review the podcast and then go away and try and improve it based on the feedback

Hosks Half Hour - Episode 54 - Christmas Comedy and laughing at Santa's bulging sack http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/2008/12/hosks-half-hour-episode-54-christmas.html

Hosks Half Hour - Episode 55 - No Christmas for the Jehovah's Witness http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/2008/12/hosks-half-hour-episode-55-no-christmas.html

any feedback would be greatly appreciated and merry Christmas

Thanks

Hosk

Woow!! The legendary Hosk is here!

Didn't realise you were a member, mate. I've been listening to your show for ages -B'DOINGG!!!

Love the stuff matey. Quirky, bizarre and quite marvellous!

I have just listened to Ep54 in its entirety, and I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it. Now it could be that the style of humour simply does not fit my own as opposed to it being bad in any way.

I didn't like the sound effects or the way the material flowed. I just found this a little irritating to be honest. I thought your observations were nothing new, they've all been heard before and I didn't find them funny. The Cliff Richard segment was quite good until the end when you ruined it with the 'you f**in virgin' comment.

The section on trouser bulge/muffin tops went on far to long in my opinion and I was waiting for something funny to happen but it didn't. The section on Jesus and birthday is again somethingthat's old hat. The bit about him commiting suicide was a bit confusing also. The Santa/Peado section was also in the same category of see it before.

For a good portion of the time it sounded like you were laughing at your own jokes and observations. I think it's good that you dig your material but I got the impression that the whole thing was like a collection of dities to amuse yourself with as opposed to amuse an audience.

The above does sound somewhat negative when I read it back. I respect that you have put these podcasts together and I would say you are definitely good at that aspect. Like I said above, your podcast probably just doesn't gel with my sort of humour but I thought I'd give my honest opinion as I did take the time to listen to the whole episode.

Def.

Well two replies and two different replies. Thanks for listening to the whole episode it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your comments, very constructive, I think you are right that maybe I hang around talking about a single topic for two long.

I think you are right about some people will like my humour and some will not.

thanks for the feedback

Hosk

I think to know Hosk is to love Hosk...once you're used to the format of the show you can enjoy its quite random and choppy pace. I want to say something about the microphone you use, but I kinda feel like it's become part of the programme. I'm a fan anyway :)