Extras 3?

Came across this tidbit on imdb. I didn't think this was happening.

Quote from article:

"The star (Ricky Gervais) also revealed he has approached Danny DeVito, Michael Douglas and Al Pacino to make cameo appearances in the third series of his hit sitcom Extras, in which A-list stars play themselves alongside Gervais' struggling actor character Andy Millman."

Full article:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0605248

The adverts for the release of the Christmas special on DVD label it as 'the very last episode' or words to that effect.

Maybe there will be a series in the US like Little Britain?

Sounds like a load of garbled rubbish. He has mentioned having talked to Pacino about appearing in another special. (I think DeVito was noted as well, but don't recall Douglas.)

Loved series one, didn't Like series 2 but was then won over again by the special.

I think they should leave it as it is because the Christmas special really was great.

Yep, sounds like maybe another special. Found this on his blog just now:

"Steve must have seen the thing in the press about me thinking about doing another Extras Special. He's in LA at the moment but the story that went out across America was that, although I would consider it, I thought Steve would take some convincing. Well I got an email today from him saying he's up for it. I started work on it immediately. Does anyone know Al Pacino?"

http://www.rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php

Yes he's said he might want to do another special. But I don't think any decisions have been made.

I guarantee there will be a special...because he'll want to make it in the US. Pity, but it will happen.

I dont care if I ever see Gervais in anything again, especially on FNwJR.

Quote: gashparty @ November 14 2008, 10:25 AM GMT

I dont care if I ever see Gervais in anything again, especially on FNwJR.

Well, don't watch him then. That way you won't!

You fancy him dont you?

I've bummed him. Twice. He giggled the whole time.

I think it would be right to leave Extras at its prime, like Fawlty Towers. But I tell you what the BBC should do, a spin-off titled 'When the Whistle Blows' of a six parter of that sitcom, that would be funny. Are you having a laugh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 14 2008, 10:33 AM GMT

Well, don't watch him then. That way you won't!

/Signed, as pure and utter logic.