Dear Green Place - BBC1 Scotland only Page 2

So I haven't seen any post-air comments on here yet. I know we're only just past the pilot eps, but let me chip in my £0.02 worth.

I really like this show. The gentle pace and conversational script put me in mind of The Royle Family or dinnerladies (both of which I also really liked). As such, I worry over the timeslot of Friday 10.35pm - it feels a lot less like post-pub telly, and more like a Sunday night thing, but hey what do I know?

Other stream of consciousness thoughts - The coprophilic storyline in Friday's episode was very very funny indeed, if a little Farrely brothers. I'm liking the Toner character a lot (who else remembers his wonderful cameo in s04e04 of Still Game?) principally because I remember people like him from earlier in my working life. Ford Kiernan is solid, as are Paul Riley and Paul Blair. The cafe waitress is really just Boaby the barman done differently, but no complaint there. She had some very good lines and seems like a decent foil to nicey-nicey Michelle. Speaking of which, I still don't understand why the council has horses, though that they do helps emphasise the backwater, archaic, institutional motif.

In a way, I hope they limit this show to one or two series. I'd hate for them to have to resort to convoluted storylines and far-fetched misadventures, though saying that the precedent is certainly there with The Broons.

I say 7/10 with definite potential.

I have to say this is turning into an excellent sitcom. I have really enjoyed the series.

This SHOULD have been broadcast nationally.

I don't like it. :S The series is up on YouTube BTW.

Anyone know if this Friday's episode is the start of a new series?

If only there was a webs- Oh.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/dear_green_place/

Unimpressed

(No, it's not the start of a new series. Last Friday (24th) was the start of a new series.)

I've seen this (after managing to get hold of each episode) Pirate. Nowhere near as good as Still Game, but still very enjoyable.

I saw it last week and a few days ago and it didn't look too good, I would have much prefered a 2nd series of "Legit".

Maybe it's just not my thing but I'll probably keep watching just to see how it turns out.

I think this series has been better than last series so far, good show and well worth a viewing.