Madeleine McCann Page 2

To explain why this case has so much attention is easy. When a story occurs of this nature the newpapers ask if the child concerned is 'of the faith' which means are they white, middle class and christian. Maddy was, therefore they heavily reported the case and in turn the TV news have to aswell.

The annoying thing about this story and the Alan Johnston story is that the news is being a blatant publicity tool by keeping the story in the news when they're aren't any developments. If they want to do that why don't they do it on a more important story such as Darfor. Politicising news, for whatever reason, is never good.

Quote: Andy W. @ June 22, 2007, 10:34 AM

All I'm saying here is don't be too harsh - if all this extra shit that is going on no matter how weird/bad/wrong it is helps get this little girl back then in my opinion it is worth it all.

... and that hopefully no-one else suffers as a result of inattention.

Quote: Aaron @ June 22, 2007, 8:39 AM

It's only waiting time before her rotting corpse is discovered in a shallow grave. Possibly in her parents' back garden back here in Blighty...

:)

Nice smiley. What a disgusting thing to post. You really are a piece of work.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 22, 2007, 11:24 AM

Crikey, Alan... are you still here?

Laughing out loud

Why, yes. Yes I am.

I think what Aaron meant to say is that she has not be sexually abused and killed and dumped but is on a farm with puppies and candy.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 22, 2007, 11:30 AM

I think what Aaron meant to say is that she has not be sexually abused and killed and dumped but is on a farm with puppies and candy.

Oh, I see. It's just it read like some complete moron posting a wee smiley face after suggesting the possibility that the child lies rotting in a shallow grave in her parents' back garden.
I know some of you guys like to stick together round here but see Aaron's idiocy for what it is, eh?

Do you give any thought to the 10s of thousands of Africans who die everyday or is it only white kids in the news that you care about? If we have to see Aaron's so-called idiocy then surely you have to acknowledge you're hypocracy.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 22, 2007, 11:39 AM

Do you give any thought to the 10s of thousands of Africans who die everyday or is it only white kids in the news that you care about? If we have to see Aaron's so-called idiocy then surely you have to acknowledge you're hypocracy.

That's a fallacious argument. Why are my views on Africa at all relevant to Aaron's wee chuckle at the possibility that a wee girl is rotting in her parents' garden?
Catch a grip, for Christ's sake.

If there's a moral flood, take the high ground!

Gotta agree with Alex. Starving children in Africa or not, doesn't change the fact that the original comment was pretty tasteless. Take away your cynicism about the media, your anger at the parents for whatever you think they did and we still have the core of the situation.
Try to see it as a missing little girl who's future doesn't look good at all, in fact no account of words will ever come close to describing what she has experienced/is experiencing.
Yes there is little we can do but at least think of her. Despite what you think of how this is all handled she didn't ask for this and didn't she deserve this.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 22, 2007, 11:49 AM

That's a fallacious argument. Why are my views on Africa at all relevant to Aaron's wee chuckle at the possibility that a wee girl is rotting in her parents' garden?
Catch a grip, for Christ's sake.

Well because children are killed everyday yet you seemed to only care when it is in the news and overreact to a person's comments which were obviously to be taken in the manner they were made, not seriously.

You seem to want to censor people, thats my problem. Either through criticism or through reactionary, ill-judged comments. Whenever you enter a debate you suck the life out of it by putting everyone on the defensive, yet you have not prooved to anyone that you are worthy of having this attitude that you have because you have not prooven that you are a professional writer. Give us some evidence that you deserve the status you demand then people may pay more attention to you're comments. Other BSG users do this by being honest, polite and engaging. You haven't.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ June 22, 2007, 11:54 AM

If there's a moral flood, take the high ground!

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
Do you?

Alan, I like to think there is a slightly sweeter "You". I have visions that you have been created by Robert Louis Stevenson. Do you wear a top hat and debauch young girls when on BSG and become a mild mannered Dr when on Google?