Embarrassing incident with The Mighty Boosh... Page 2

Ok sorry for the confusion, I was at a screening, when somebody approached me from the mighty boosh assuming I would know who he was. I didn't. And he started talking to me about me getting him commissioned when obviosuly he had already been commissioned but I didn't know that because i didn't know who he was. And it's a successful show.....

Quote: Badge @ September 7 2008, 10:33 PM BST

I've read this several times and the only bit I understand is Jim Davidson getting stabbed. What's emabarrassing about it and who's supposed to be embarrassed?

Hard to believe I mastered subtely by accident.

I was embarassed that I forgot to muder him.

Letting Jim Davidson live was a terrible socil faux pas.

Quote: Jenuff @ September 7 2008, 10:29 PM BST

Marc what exactly are you asking me? There are commissioning departments in a lot of production companies. That is where I'd like to be..

Well no, there is no such thing as a commisioning department, and if there was why would you want to work there?

I was just wondering if the screening had Rich in it. Which would explain why he might assume you were aware of his existence.

If indeed he did assume that.

So I get a say in waht goes on our screens? Wouldn't you like that? Your own say? Marc I'm getting the feeling you've taken an instant dislike to me.....

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2008, 10:36 PM BST

I think Jenuff thinks Rich thought Jenuff should have known who he was.

But from the dialogue I don't really see why Jenuff thinks that.

I guess you had to be there.

I also thought Jenuff might have thought that Rich might have thought that Jenuff should know who Rich was. But I can't see why either from the dialogue, and if he came across as a bit arrogant there's only one party who should be embarrassed, no? (clue: it's not Jenuff).

PS I don't know who this Rich feller is either and I can't be bothered googling

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2008, 10:37 PM BST

I was just wondering if the screening had Rich in it. Which would explain why he might assume you were aware of his existence.

If indeed he did assume that.

No he wasn't in the screening, but I was with a couple of other people who also assumed I would know who he was...I'm just not a mighty boosh fan :(

No shame in that!

Quote: Jenuff @ September 7 2008, 10:38 PM BST

So I get a say in waht goes on our screens? Wouldn't you like that? Your own say? Marc I'm getting the feeling you've taken an instant dislike to me.....

No, I'm sure he hasn't Jenuff. He's probably just confused. :) Thanks for explaining though.

Quote: Badge @ September 7 2008, 10:39 PM BST

I also thought Jenuff might have thought that Rich might have thought that Jenuff should know who Rich was. But I can't see why either from the dialogue, and if he came across as a bit arrogant there's only one party who should be embarrassed, no? (clue: it's not Jenuff).

PS I don't know who this Rich feller is either and I can't be bothered googling

Badge, that's a very fair point. I'm surrounded by people who think the Boosh is the best thing since sliced bread.......

Marc I'm getting the feeling you've taken an instant dislike to me.....

I've taken an instant dislike to Rich Fulcher

Quote: Badge @ September 7 2008, 10:45 PM BST

I've taken an instant dislike to Rich Fulcher

:D

I think he's lovely!

Take that feeling back then. And the idea that I would like to control what goes on our screens... eughh. No tank you.

:)