HIV Levels

Here's a sketch I had in NewsRevue for 3 weeks on the trot.

INT. A LIVING ROOM - DAY

A teenage girl is holding two envelopes. She shouts through the doorway.

GIRL
Mum! Dad! My exam results are here!

Mum and Dad come into the room, clearly a bit excited. All 3 sit on the couch, girl in the middle and mum and dad either side. The girl begins to open one of the envelopes.

DAD
Good luck love

She opens the envelope and takes out a letter. She reads it for a second.

MUM
What have you got then?

GIRL
A "H" an "I" and a "V"?

The girl checks the front of the envelope.

GIRL
Oh, this is for you dad

She hands the envelope to dad and beings to open the other letter. Dad reads the letter he has been handed.

MUM
Here we go

The girl takes out a letter from the envelope and reads it for a second. Dad who has been reading his letter is now just stunned and looks sick to his stomach and a little scared. The girl screams.

GIRL
Straight A's!

Mum screams.

MUM
Well done!

Mum and girl jump up and hug. Dad looks like he doesn't even know whats going on and is just staring at his letter.

MUM
(Turning to Dad)
Isn't that just great dear

Dad starts crying.

I like it. well done

Fansmashtic.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ August 31 2008, 1:41 PM BST

Here's a sketch I had in NewsRevue for 3 weeks on the trot.

INT. A LIVING ROOM - DAY

A teenage girl is holding two envelopes. She shouts through the doorway.

GIRL
Mum! Dad! My exam results are here!

Mum and Dad come into the room, clearly a bit excited. All 3 sit on the couch, girl in the middle and mum and dad either side. The girl begins to open one of the envelopes.

DAD
Good luck love

She opens the envelope and takes out a letter. She reads it for a second.

MUM
What have you got then?

GIRL
A "H" an "I" and a "V"?

The girl checks the front of the envelope.

GIRL
Oh, this is for you dad

She hands the envelope to dad and beings to open the other letter. Dad reads the letter he has been handed.

I think it's really good but you could end it earlier as it doesn't add anything after the letter swap. The big laugh is "This is for you dad", so I'd be tempted to exit there.

Good sketch. And congrats for it being repeated. :)

It's quite good, but doesn't seem very NewsRevue to me. I know A-level results are fairly topical, but seems an odd one for NewsRevue. Which is no disrespect for Chris.

Good one :)

Quote: Winterlight @ August 31 2008, 6:05 PM BST

It's quite good, but doesn't seem very NewsRevue to me. I know A-level results are fairly topical, but seems an odd one for NewsRevue. Which is no disrespect for Chris.

I know what you mean. I was surprised when they used it myself. Most of the stuff I send in to NewsRevue I try to write to their style, but this one was just me writing how I write and it was the most used out of the lot.

Can only be a good thing eh?