I would be grateful for help in identifying a show

Hi, I'm looking for the name of a show that i'm 90% sure was shown on BBC 1 or 2. The show centred around a housing estate and mainly 2 families that lived next door to each other, one family were asian, the other, the Dad was a British nationalist type. This character was played by a short, well built bald man. The main humour was in the exchanges between the two families, the bald man used to sit in his garden all day and i'm pretty sure his daughter was seeing the son in the asian family. Other things I recall from this show are that the bald man ahd a son who was secretly gay and in one episode his sister caught him putting on makeup and wearing a dress. In addition to this I recall tha the show would sometimes cut to another "family" 2 squatters who lived across the road and sat at their window (which was missing) all day watching kids playing on the grass or anything else that happened to be going on.

I should add, this show was on around the late 90's possibly early 00's.

Thanks.

Someone asked about this fairly recently, but I'm not sure if we ever worked out what it was?

Any idea if it might have been a BBC Scotland (or other regional) show? I.e. not shown in the rest of the UK?

Yeah I remember talking about the missing window/hole in the wall before.

But not what we decided it was.

Ah, here's the other thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/6020

No conclusion was reached. Sorry Bamber!

Anything else you can tell us about it?

Ahh, I asked about it recently on another forum and someone else said "I've been looking for this also" perhaps it's the same person.

What annoys me most about not being able to recall this show is that both the actor who plays the bald man and the actor who plays the son have been in something else that i've seen and I simply cannot put my finger on it, if I could then it'd be simple to find this show. I did think the son was played by Ryan Cartwright (the Grimleys, Hardware) but he wasn't, just someone with a bit of a resemblance to him.

Looking at the other thread I think the poster "Skubbington von Skubber" may be the best bet, he asks a question about cannabis smoking as if he has a possible title for the show but didn't follow up the OP's answer with any suggestion. I'm surprised no-one knows it, I've asked around a few places and not even got the "sounds familiar but can't recall the title." It definitely ran for a full series of I think 6 shows and i've got a slight feeling it actually had a second series. Hopefully someone will get it as my description is more fitting with what the show was actually about (mainly the 2 families next door to each other as opposed to the squatters who merely offered a humourous extra.)

Jeez, I've simply just decided to go on imdb and click random british comedy actors and low and behold after clicking on an obscure actor from Happiness(2001) I see he was also in another 2001 show called the residents, this show is the one I'm looking for.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293738/

Aha! Good work, Bamber! :)

Indeed, seems the answer was within myself all along (I feel the plot of a Disney movie coming on) I'll PM the other poster and let them know the title.