That new Persil advert? Page 2

people put some very odd stuff on Youtube.

Quote: sootyj @ July 16 2008, 7:01 PM BST

Worked in Autistic services for years, and the behaviour of the kid in the final shots is a dead give away.

Also the anaology of feeling disconnected, like a robot is a very common theme in autobiographical works of people with ASDs.

So it's like an in-joke then.

Oh well - so none of us would know or give a toss!

What an in joke encouraging people with ASD to buy Persil, that maybe the most bizarre idea I ever done heard of.

Quote: sootyj @ July 16 2008, 9:17 PM BST

What an in joke encouraging people with ASD to buy Persil, that maybe the most bizarre idea I ever done heard of.

You do make me laugh! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Except your sketches.

Ok if you all keep picking on me, i'll get Amnesty onto you.

We unfunny people, have the right to have our jokes respected as much as the funny ones.

Anything else if Appartheid.

Quote: sootyj @ July 16 2008, 9:43 PM BST

Ok if you all keep picking on me, i'll get Amnesty onto you.

Why? Would it be anti-semitic?

No anti-comedically-challenged.

Jokes aren't just for funny people.

Quote: Aaron @ July 16 2008, 9:45 PM BST

Why? Would it be anti-semitic?

Possibly sub-atomic and pre-menstrual

Am I missing something? I thought it was a sweet ad about a child (autistic or not) enjoying nature and being a child. And why is it important if the kid was or not? Seriously, I don't get why it has offended anyone. I think I'm being blonde, someone explain it to me!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ July 19 2008, 11:57 PM BST

Am I missing something? I thought it was a sweet ad about a child (autistic or not) enjoying nature and being a child. And why is it important if the kid was or not? Seriously, I don't get why it has offended anyone. I think I'm being blonde, someone explain it to me!

Somebody is being a bit too righteous.

No, sooty's just being some kind of Nazi.

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 12:27 AM BST

Laughing out loud

I found that rather disturbing...
Now I have to go to bed with a corrupt mind filled with Autistic children and robots. =/
Every Child Has The Right To Be A Child
Every Robot Has The Right To Be A Child?

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2008, 12:27 AM BST

Frankly if I'm being the kind of Nazi whose querrellous about adverts, as opposed to invading Poland, and killing people.

I hope there's a lot more Nazis like me.

Goodness me no wonder people on here don't like Lab Rats.

This Advert isn't rocket science to try and deconstruct.

Ruby is right.

The kid isn't autistic, he's a normal kid.

The idea is that if we don't allow kids to interract with nature, to play in the mud and the rain and feel the wind blow and the grass ripple and learn about the world we live in then they might as well be robots.

The story is about a robot who by interracting with the world gradually becomes human.

It's a metaphor!

:S