Fight or flight? Page 2

Quote: EllieJP @ July 13 2008, 8:27 PM BST

Someone set off a load of fire extinguishers I think.

Ah, twats!

Quote: EllieJP @ July 13 2008, 8:02 PM BST

I wish I could have said I was selfless (which I thought I was) but I'm not.

Yeah. Under weird circumstances you do things which you would have thought unlikely.
I think of myself as quiet, but some bloke got all confrontational with me once in WHS and I ended up shouting f**k off you f**king c**t at him, at the top of my voice.

Laughing out loud

There were pensioners. :(

Quote: DaButt @ July 13 2008, 8:30 PM BST

My daughter and I stayed at the Hilton on Edgware Road in 2004 and I remember thinking that the televised scenes of the aftermath looked familiar. I guess they turned the lobby into a triage area after the bombing.

Yes, almost certainly would have used it as an ambulance-waiting-area of some variety!

Quote: zooo @ July 13 2008, 8:30 PM BST

I think of myself as quiet, but some bloke got all confrontational with me once in WHS and I ended up shouting f**k off you f**king c**t at him, at the top of my voice.

Laughing out loud

There were pensioners. :(

LOL. Bless you! That's adorable, hilarious, and a little scary at the same time.

What did he do to summon such rage?

He was a mental. He pretended my rucsack had bumped him (it hadn't), shouted at me for being a 'typical selfish student' and then tapped me in the face with a rolled up magazine!

I couldn't belieeeeeve it. And then my mouth and vocal cords did things without my permission.

Quote: zooo @ July 13 2008, 8:37 PM BST

and then tapped me in the face with a rolled up magazine!

Pompous c**t! You should've bitch slapped him too ;)

Quote: zooo @ July 13 2008, 8:37 PM BST

He was a mental. He pretended my rucsack had bumped him (it hadn't), shouted at me for being a 'typical selfish student' and then tapped me in the face with a rolled up magazine!

I couldn't belieeeeeve it. And then my mouth and vocal cords did things without my permission.

I don't think that I would have been as calm as you had, if someone did that to me. Even though I am impossibly English.

I really don't think you'd know unless you were in that situation.

You'd like to think you could help but you don't know if you'd panic or someone reserves of courage you didn't know you had.

Quote: Aaron @ July 13 2008, 8:26 PM BST

Blimey. What was it?

The welsh getting revenge. :O

You wake up at 1am in your flat and some woman is banging on your door screaming for help - do you answer it?

Perhaps you should practice by attacking people who merely annoy you, so you're mentally ready for when you need to do it for real.

On a similar question what would you do if you came a child who you were absolutely certain was going to grow up into the next Hitler.

Should you do them in?

I would take a knife with me obviously, it sounds like something that Alex DeLarge or Sur 13 would do.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 13 2008, 11:04 PM BST

You wake up at 1am in your flat and some woman is banging on your door screaming for help - do you answer it?

With the chain on the door, and then more do you want me to call the police?

Quote: sootyj @ July 13 2008, 11:05 PM BST

Perhaps you should practice by attacking people who merely annoy you, so you're mentally ready for when you need to do it for real.

On a similar question what would you do if you came a child who you were absolutely certain was going to grow up into the next Hitler.

Should you do them in?

I would take a more; "Yeah I told you so" approach, keep an eye on him, say he would be the next Hitler, then "BAM" when they find Auschwitz up and running, I'll ask the government for reparations.

lol :D

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 13 2008, 11:04 PM BST

Happened to me, though not that late. She wanted a bottle opener. I gave her one and she went upstairs. Then I realized that she had said she needed it because she had forgotten her keys. And that she had worn only a men's blazer. I went upstairs where I found her sitting against the door surrounded by wine bottles. She blinked at me and fell asleep. She lived alone and there was noone to call, so I reluctantly called the police because I feared she wasn't well (she was about 60 and looked rather fragile). I felt really bad to have called the police but they were very nice and said I'd done the right thing.

Now I make sure I know my neighbours, if only to be able to help without calling the police... Still feel bad about it.