George Carlin RIP

American stand-up comedian and social critic George Carlin has died at the age of 71. There is only one way I can express the loss:

Shit! Piss! F**k! C**t! Cocksucker! Motherf**ker! Tits!

(Damn censors.)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117987925.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

It is sad, very sad. I remember book club and Napalm and Silly Putty.

He was also arrested a couple of years back for being anti-patriotic during his act, something which I know shook him up a lot

A great loss

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62841/index.html

I just read the article that Chortle has written about him. I was amazed to find out that he did the voice overs for the American version of "Thomas the Tank Engine". It sounds like an answer on QI.

Damn. Just....damn.

Is he the one from Dogma?
I liked him. :(
Didn't seem very old either.

Like most people from my generation, I first saw him in the 'Bill and Ted' films. He's never been that well-known over here, but I've watched loads of his stand up routines on Youtube, over the last couple of years. Big loss.

Oh f**k, was he Rufus?

Yep.

Oh no!
NOW I'm upset.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 23 2008, 9:41 AM BST

I just read the article that Chortle has written about him. I was amazed to find out that he did the voice overs for the American version of "Thomas the Tank Engine". It sounds like an answer on QI.

Yea when I was a kid he was known to me as the friendly uncle like train engineer on that show, then Rufus in my pre-teens and then I saw his comedy in my teens. The guy was brilliant his comedy styling will be greatly missed. The guy kept it real until the day he died.

My favourite George Carlin quote:

"Are you sick of this "royal family" shit? Who gives a f**k about these people? Who cares about the English in general? The uncivilized, murderous backward English. Inbred savages hiding behind Shakespeare, pretending to be cultured. Don't be misled by the manners; if you want to know that lurks beneath the surface, take a look at the soccer crowds. That's true British character. I'm Irish and I'm American, and we've had to kick these degenerate English motherf**kers out of both our countries."

Nice bit of racism there, Mr "Free thinker". What a dickhead.

That's xenophobic, not racist.

And, one would imagine, just a joke.

What a guy. This guy was possibly one the most honest comedians that ever lived!! RIP