British Comedy Guide

Which sitcom character do you fancy? Page 5

But but but ...! Facial hair is wrong!

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2008, 1:59 AM BST

But but but ...! Facial hair is wrong!

Ah, I don't really have one, don't worry. I've gone four or five days without shaving though so that probably makes me the anti-Christ in your book!

Which sitcom character do I fancy?

Hercules! ;)

I can't be arsed going through all this thread, but I hope Catalina from My Name Is Earl has been mentioned.

Howard Moon, Bernard Black, and occasionally Moss for me! Also have had phases for both the Peep Show boys.

Awkwardness is sexy. :P

As this is in Britcom section... oh well, I find it hard to find majority of women in Britcoms actually sexy and, err, fancieable ;) I guess I look for the comic side in them first ;)
If really pressed, I'd have to go with the curves of Beatie Edney (Louise in Dressing For Breakfast).
I'm appalled noone has mentioned Vicki Michelle as Yvette in 'Allo 'Allo!

If we include Americoms, there are:
Helen Hunt in Mad About You
Courtney Cox in Friends
Tiffany Thiesen (Kelly in Saved by the Bell - or, rather (wet) memories about her)

In a decade I will fancy Cybill Shepherd ;)

Quote: WrongTale @ May 28 2008, 2:48 PM BST

Good call, but Francesca Gonshaw as Maria would be a better one. (The stupid lisp she put on in the second series was a bit of a turn off, but even so...)

I fancied Cybill Shepherd two decades ago. Moonlighting, now that was a show.

I've mentioned her before, but Melanie Walters, Gwen from Gavin & Stacey, can make me an omelette any time.

And Sharon Horgan, Donna from Pulling, would obviously be in with a shout, but she'd have to fight Raquel Cassidy from Lead Balloon.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 28 2008, 2:58 PM BST

Raquel Cassidy from Lead Balloon.

Another good call. Am I the only one who finds himself shouting at he screen, LEAVE HIM!!!!

Okay, just me then...

I saw her in a play at my local theatre last year. Really hasn't aged much!

I always quite liked her. Both Moonlighting and Cybil were great shows, although being a sitcom nut I probably prefered the latter.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 28 2008, 2:58 PM BST

And Sharon Horgan, Donna from Pulling, would obviously be in with a shout, but she'd have to fight Raquel Cassidy from Lead Balloon.

:)

Quote: Timbo @ May 28 2008, 3:01 PM BST

Another good call. Am I the only one who finds himself shouting at he screen, LEAVE HIM!!!!

"... For me!"

Right?

So, basically, Raquel Cassidy can either stay with Jack Dee, or leave him and have a choice of Timbo, Aaron or me?

The poor cow.

Nah, she's gorgeous, but I'd be far too intimidated. Over to you three.

I can't have her, I'm married. Just down to Timbo now.

Live the dream, Timbo. We're rooting for you.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 28 2008, 3:47 PM BST

I can't have her, I'm married. Just down to Timbo now.

Live the dream, Timbo. We're rooting for you.

Do you think I could persuade her to do the last sketch I posted...?

Tamsin Greig in Green Wing. Mmmm yummy. Made all the more naughty by the fact that she's apparently very religious.

I always fancied Sandy Toksvig back in the eighties, especially on the Saturday morning kids show Number 73. So many Saturday mornings I spent in bed in front of the portable, having a good old hand Sandy.

Oh and I've got a soft spot for Caroline Ahearne too. Well not that soft.