Which sitcoms would you bring back? Page 7

I would bring back Spaced...at gun point...MAKE ME MORE EPISODES! Get going you!

Quote: Aaron @ May 3 2008, 10:52 PM BST

Two extremely good suggestions.

(Although strictly speaking it's Dear John..., but yeah, agreed.)

Lol. Thanks for the correction!

Isn't comedy great? How can we agree on Dear John... and Help, but you then say you like Dinnerladies and Thin Blue Line?!

Anyway, yeah - Help, nothing like it! I suspect that Dear John... would seem a little dated now however.

There are certain aspects of it which have inevitably dated a bit (mainly the bedsit and clothing really), but the central singles dating thing is still bang on the money, as they say.

I live in hope that one day Alan Gordon Partridge makes his triumphant return like a chat out of hell.

Also I cannot believe anybody in their right mind would put forward the opinion that Terry and June is better than Spaced apart from maybe June herself and even then I don't know.

Quite easily!

I understand that you love shows from pre 1990's and whilst I understand that there are many gems from before that era I honestly don't see what is funny about Terry and June and I can't understand how you don't like Spaced.

So I sort of agree with MTC. Maybe it is a Northern thing.

Don't like Spaced because it's just not funny.

*shrug*

Fair Enough.

Each to their own.

I guess even Aaron has to be wrong about something. :(

I can sort of, maybe, understand why he doesn't find it laugh-a-minute. (I laugh at it, but I can see that someone wouldn't) I just can't really understand how someone could watch Spaced and not fall in love with the characters and want to spend more time with them. They're so sweet and inoffensive and damaged and lovely and geeky.

I really don't know. I'm sure I'll re-watch it at some point and try again, but I just felt nothing for them. Sure, it's a pretty entertaining show I guess, but through the whole 2 (I keep thinking it's three) series', I did no more than raise a smile. Perhaps there was just nothing in it for me to identify with.

And sorry zooo, I'm not always right. :(

It's a harsh realisation.
I'll just have to deal with it as best I can...

:)

Favourite Spaced momoent: Tim wathcing the end of Return of the Jedi, with tears running down his face.

I got some jaffa cakes in my coat pocket!

Eeeeeeyyyy!

Where's Brian?
In the garden with no clothes on.
Eeeeeeyyyy!