Recommended Comedy Films Page 2

Quote: ian_w @ May 9 2008, 4:05 PM BST

I just have to think about Kenneth Williams and I crack!!

KW liked a bit of crack too and I'm not talking about the drug.

Bloody hell that was helpful!! Thank you all.
These will occupy me for the next ten years, and I'll keep the list here for convenience.

Napolion Dynamite
Anchorman
Anything by Judd Apatow
Half Baked
So I Married An Axe Murderer
Scrooged
Rushmore
Kentucky Fried Movie
Dodgeball
Bill & Ted 2 (can't remember if I saw that one, is it the one with Death in?)

KW famously never had sex, due to his guilt and fastidiousness (that's my word of the fastidious)

Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle
Stranger Than Fiction (comedy drama)
Judd Apatow's stuff, which he's produced and written
Clerks & Clerks 2
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

KW?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 9 2008, 4:16 PM BST

Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle
Stranger Than Fiction (comedy drama)
Judd Apatow's stuff, which he's produced and written
Clerks & Clerks 2
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Whew! Thank you Hotzappa! Two people recommending Judd Apatow, tbh I've never heard of him so will be interesting to see.

That has given me the green light of classic comedy:
MAAAAAAAAAAARX Brothers!!!! Day at the Races or Night at the Opera are my favorites.
- Do get your hands on some good Mel Brooks movies (Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein ect..)
- A few good David Zucker movies like Airplane!, and Naked Gun movies.

EDIT: Some really good recommends from hotzappa11

Quote: ian_w @ May 9 2008, 4:18 PM BST

KW?

Kenneth Williams

Quote: Curt @ May 9 2008, 4:19 PM BST

MAAAAAAAAAAARX Brothers!!!! Day at the Races or Night at the Opera are my favorites.

Ahhh, of course!! Why didn't I think of that, shame on me that I've never seen a Marx Bros film.

Quote: EllieJP @ May 9 2008, 4:20 PM BST

Kenneth Williams

Oh, I thought he meant Keanu Reeves at first :$

Quote: Curt @ May 9 2008, 4:00 PM BST

Anything by Judd Apatow is currently my favorite new comedies (minus Drillbit Taylor...which he didn't write...but still Produced and sucked none the less). Forgetting Sarah Marshall was hilarious, Superbad ect.. ect..
Oh yea! And here is one movie no one seems to have ever seen when I mention it Half Baked. I'm not a pot smoker but maaaaaan the movie is funny. I've seen it several times and it still good for a laugh.

Superbad was a good laugh.

The Jerk.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Basically anything from the 80's SNL crew to be honest would be my recommendation...

The Blues Brothers
Trading Places
Dragnet

Dan Ackroyd is nothing but brilliant in all the above.

Quote: Leevil @ May 9 2008, 4:47 PM BST

The Jerk.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Basically anything from the 80's SNL crew to be honest would be my recommendation...

The Blues Brothers
Trading Places
Dragnet

Dan Ackroyd is nothing but brilliant in all the above.

The only one I've seen from that lot is Planes & Trains. That was a great film. Are the rest in a similar veign then? Oh, and cheers Leevil!

Sort of. They have that 80's feel about them. Think Ghostbusters but without the special effects.

The Jerk has one of the greatest opening lines ever. I shall not spoil it (too much), but it's utterly ridiculous but perfectly done.

Quote: Leevil @ May 9 2008, 4:53 PM BST

Sort of. They have that 80's feel about them. Think Ghostbusters but without the special effects.

The Jerk has one of the greatest opening lines ever. I shall not spoil it (too much), but it's utterly ridiculous but perfectly done.

Doh, now I've got to see that one!
Ahhh, so much great stuff from the 80's!

I loved The Jerk. I saw it again recently on tv. What a funny movie. Leevil is right those SNL alum made some great movies in the 80s.
My FAVORITE IS The 3 Amigos. It was my favorite movie besides Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones movies when i was a kid. And is still pure comedic gold in my opinion. Do yourself a favor and go 80's comedy nuts. I think i might do the same as I never saw Dragnet. God call Lee.

Dragnet is a great movie. The one with Aykroyd and Hanks, that is.

You got a lotta repressed feelings, don'cha Friday?