Another BBC Scheme launched Page 4

Quote: bushbaby @ May 5 2008, 4:43 PM BST

I wish they'd make their bloody minds up. I've done professional TV acting and the scripts I've had are positioned centre, even Corro scripts. I'm really getting pissed off now. If I go in the doc and change the margins, which I'm going to have to do, it'll mess up all the dialogue, it'll be all over the place. AGGGGHH

The writersroom does prefer scripts to be in screenplay format rather than a TV production format as it saves paper and the timing is easier to work out at a page a minute. As they specify 35 pages rather than simply 30 minutes then this is especially important.

iT SAYS NOT MORE THAN 35 rOBIN SO A LITTLE LESS THAN THAT WOULDN'T MATTER i SUPPOSE BUT AS YOU HAVE ALL SAID IT'S THE WORD COUNT WOT MATTERS
WHOOPS SORRY JUST NOTICED CAPS

BB here's a good example of format... http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/insight/downloads/scripts/ashes_to_ashes_s1e1.pdf

The easiest and cheapest way to achieve this is... http://www.celtx.com/index.html

Type it out... use the Typeset function to convert it to a PDF... print it... job's a good'un...

kjs

do I have to download KJS..celtx I mean?

I just looked at Ashes to Ashes and yes that's how I remember scripts, the directions etc are across the page and the dialogue central....silly me :O

Yes... it's a standalone programme that allows you to format a screenplay to industry standard without having to fiddle about with tabs and margins etc....

kjs

Ok thanks. I'll try it now.

Wow, I'm impressed

Quote: Robin Kelly @ May 5 2008, 5:37 PM BST

The writersroom does prefer scripts to be in screenplay format rather than a TV production format as it saves paper and the timing is easier to work out at a page a minute. As they specify 35 pages rather than simply 30 minutes then this is especially important.

I was never aware of that! Thanks for the info.

I've had an extremely whacky idea for this that may or may not work. Half an hour isn't a lot to put a whole story into. I'm going to give it a bash though.

Good luck everyone who's working on this. Get writing!

Hello everyone, this doesn't have to be comedy does it? More drama?

No - it says DRAMA!!!!

The Nation's Health.

Must admit, I've had much more fun doing this one than the College of Comedy thing. For me, that competition became quite grim as I tried to second guess what Michael Jacob and his minions wanted. This competition, by contrast, has been free of all that pressure. Ergo much more fun.

well, I've discovered that I'm crap at drama

What, the ten minute 'Sequence of Silence' didnt pan out then?

Quote: manchester's trendy chorlton @ May 8 2008, 4:07 PM BST

What, the ten minute 'Sequence of Silence' didnt pan out then?

No, it didn't, it was the 7000 word count I struggled with :)

Just take all the jokes out of one of your sitcoms, and give one of the characters a really bad rash.

Quote: chipolata @ May 8 2008, 4:21 PM BST

Just take all the jokes out of one of your sitcoms, and give one of the characters a really bad rash.

:D :D :D