Great Escape

Inspired by the other prison sketch:

WW2 POW Camp.

British soldiers all crowded round a tunnel being dug under one of their bunk beds. A bucket of dirt is sent up from the hole and carried to the door by one of them. Slowly, a series of other prisons saunter by a grab a handful of dirt each and wander into the court yard.

As each one drops the dirt, covertly, another prison with a broom nonchalontly sweeps it away and round the corner of a hut where other prisoners slowly appear and grab a handful of the accumulating dirt to stuff into their pockets.

These guys meander along the fence passing the dirt from one to another to fool the guards in the towers. One of the prisons, pockets stuffed full, hears a whistle from his mate and looks up to see the guards are all looking the other way. He dives to the fence and scrambles through a hole in it.

Running from the fence to the nearby woods he passes another prisoner on his way back wiping his dirty hands off on his shirt.

Once in the woods in he starts to empty all the dirt onto a huge pile of dirt, 20ft tall.

As he's doing so a spade comes up through the ground near to him and a prisoner, covered in mud crawls out.

Muddy Prisoner: Keep it up Jones.

Other Prisoner: Good Luck Sir.

Muddy Prisoner: See you in Switzerland.

Muddy prisoner legs it as the other one finishes emptying his pockets and runs back towards the camp.

CUT

Just a thought - is that original? It feels like i may have seen it somewhere...maybe as a 2 year old and just cant remember!

I don't get it. Can someone explain?

I fail to understand. Is this missing an ending?

The joke is that this elaborate escape tunnel has been dug, but it's just as easy to get to the tunnels exit by foot.

It's not a very strong ending. The amount of description in the action is a bit over the top as well. It would be an easier read if you kept it simpler.