The Common Man Sketch

Just a quick idea. Let me know what you think, Thanks.

THREE POSH PEOPLE ARE STANDING IN A GARDEN LOOKING THROUGH A WINDOW. BEHIND THE WINDOW IS A MAN WATCING THE TV. ALL THREE POSH PEOPLE SPEAK WITH POSH ACCENTS.

1st Posh Person
So, here we have the world famous 'common' man. His name is Kevin, he is 38 and has two children, Lucy and James. He works as a builder and..

(THE MAN SPOTS THE THREE PEOPLE LOOKING AT HIM)

Man
What you doing? (JUMPS OUT OF CHAIR AND OPENS FRONT DOOR)

1st Posh Person
Right, this is a first, we are actually about to communicate with a 'common' man, it is important to avoid eye contact at all times.

Man
What the f**k you doing? Get out of my garden now!

1st Posh Person
Ah, this is a classic example of 'common man's anger.'

Man
No, this is a case of get the f**k out of my garden or I'll knock you into next week anger.

2nd Posh Person
Oh gosh, what do we do?

1st Posh Person
Just keep calm, avoid eye contact and leave the garden. (THEY LEAVE GARDEN)

Man
Dickheads! (SLAMS DOOR)

3rd Posh Person
Wow, that was frightfully amazing.

1st Posh Person
Yes it was and it can only get better.(SMILES) Now we move on to 32a Delaware Crescent were we will observe Vicky, a 36 year old woman with one teenage child. This one is also special because she has appeared on both the Jeremy Kyle and Trisha Goddard show.

(THE OTHER TWO POSH PEOPLE LAUGH IN EXCITEMENT)

It's very good, but very, very close to an Armstrong and Miller one on pet Geordies.

I would say so, but it's strong enough to work, with a surprise twist.

The idea of middle classes spying on the working classes has been done, and I think Harry Enfield has also done something similar.

Also there's loads of repetition in comedy, and not ever one's a saddo comedy geek like my self.

It's ok but, as Sooty says, it's been done a couple of times before.

You need to come from a different angle. Avoid easy targets like Trisha and Jeremy Kyle as well.

TBH I didn't think it was "very good/strong."

It is a workable idea that (apparently, and cleary quite likely) has been done before, but in its present form has no apparent jokes. You had an idea and trotted it out but IMO it needs more. *Shrugs*

I'm afraid they wouldn't be Lucy and James.

yer, james isa clas name,init

You see that! It's satire. Satire. RAZOR sharp.

A single parent named Vicky? A Jeremy Kyle gag? Trisha? Why not call the posh person Tarquin and be done with it? I'm sorry, but this joke has had its day.