Alma's Not Normal Page 4

Only me.not since the second series of pulling have I most anticipated the return of a sitcom.It really has been two and a half series since Alma finished and I saw the Bolton press pictures of this being filmed last September.

I'm probably repeating myself again but this came on my telly the other night, so I stayed with it as long as I could. How is this commissioned and listed in the press as a sitcom? I ask. It's far more drama than comedy and saturated in adult content and depressing storylines. She is clearly a far more natural actor than most stand-ups handed their own sitcoms with little scrutiny of how good it reads on paper but that can't make up for the heavy storylines and shouting matches to rival Eastenders on a bad day.

☹️ There he is.

She has said it's basically her life story.
She has pushed humour into a very sad upbringing.
Write what you know they say.

Yeah I get it and her and all that, and realise a lot of folk like this stuff, that's fine, but don't call it a sitcom when it ain't and potentially stop truer sitcoms being shown in the same slot is all I'm saying. Do your stuff, but call it something else like 'meta dramedy' so as not to confuse more set in their ways people like me.