OBITUARY new Irish comedy drama from RTE

About a young woman writing obituaries for her local newspaper that resorts to killing locals to bump up her income.
Quite funny and very well acted and very much Irish with its preoccupations with death and small town gossip.
Also just happens to have two of my favorite Irish actors Michael Smiley and Lalor Roddy.

Thanks for sharing this I hadn't heard of it and have just been looking at the cast on IMDB and will be checking it out. I think a sitcom along the same lines as Father Ted but set in a funeral home would have great potential because as you say the Irish talk about death a lot and dark humour can be very funny.

It's gone a bit more dramady in later episodes
Was hoping for more outright laughs,feels like they could have bumped up the humor in the script but still well acted and worth a watch.

We probably can't see it though can we.

If in the UK unfortunately not for free.Some of RTEs' programs aren't geo restricted but this one is
I think you can watch via Sky,Virgin or Freeview in the UK.
It does boggle my mind that all this rights shite still isn't sorted in our modern world
Bankers can move million of pounds all over the globe but we can't watch a simple tv program from where we live w/o jumping through hoops

Well if it's Freeview it should be OK.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd October 2023, 4:10 PM

We probably can't see it though can we.

The perfect unintentional Mrs Doyal quote. I vote for a leaderboard of perfect unintentional Mrs Doyal quotes with this as the starter because it's a cracker so it is.

In a small Irish town, a young woman obsessed with death becomes an obituarist for the local newspaper. Seeking more interesting deaths to write about, she begins to murder local people. https://dinosaur-game.io