Queen Of Oz Page 4

I might give it one more.
Trouble is, I don't believe a word of it.
Not sure if it's her, or the writing.
Normally, I love her sketch stuff - so on the strength of that maybe I'll dip my toe in Ep2

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th July 2023, 10:34 AM

I might give it one more.
Trouble is, I don't believe a word of it.
Not sure if it's her, or the writing.
Normally, I love her sketch stuff - so on the strength of that maybe I'll dip my toe in Ep2

The trailers put me off, with her screeching "Who am I!" or whatever it was - just got on my nerves

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2023, 11:33 AM

The trailers put me off, with her screeching "Who am I!" or whatever it was - just got on my nerves

Quite.
All a bit shrill.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2023, 11:33 AM

It nearly put me off too. A totally uninviting screech but I'm glad I got past that. It's not as though she's bragging. She's taking the piss out of the Australian PM.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th July 2023, 3:23 PM

It nearly put me off too. A totally uninviting screech but I'm glad I got past that. It's not as though she's bragging. She's taking the piss out of the Australian PM.

Really, like I care about the Australian PM. Nope, not for me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2023, 3:34 PM

Really, like I care about the Australian PM. Nope, not for me.

NO! Give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th July 2023, 3:39 PM

NO! Give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Are you on some sort of commission?

If I'm disappointed do I get my money back?

I have finally watched this despite forgetting about it for months, this afternoon I watched the first episode of this, I know this was on in June and I said I would watch it then but I just forgot, today I watched episode 1 and thought it was okay.

Not fantastic, but perfectly watchable fun.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 4th November 2023, 4:56 PM

I have finally watched this despite forgetting about it for months, this afternoon I watched the first episode of this, I know this was on in June and I said I would watch it then but I just forgot, today I watched episode 1 and thought it was okay.

Not fantastic, but perfectly watchable fun.

Keep watching it. It gets better.

Axed oh hooway , it was utter shxte and she was 20 years too old for it.Dear BBC you have well lost it.

Huge shame that this won't return. It didn't quite grab me right from Episode 1, but quickly delivered and proved very funny. I'd have loved to see more.

Yes, I agree. Feels like there could have been lots of storylines to explore.

I think it was great and how was she 20 years too old? Who were you equated her to?

I'm delighted that Queen Of Oz was voted Best New TV Sitcom of 2023 in our awards. Thoroughly deserved IMO, and a huge shame it seems to have been dropped.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/7764/comedy-co-uk-awards-2023-winners/