Comedy song "I'm fow pegged"

Hello,

No idea of the the correct spelling for "fow". Does anybody else remember the song and, more importantly who sang it? The lyrics I remember (and I know the tune) are as follows:

"I'm fow pegged, I'm fow pegged, I'm jiggered I'm tired. My eyes won't stay open, come sit by the fire. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is all weak, so come sit beside me I'm fow pegged".

Normal searching finds nothing.

Thanks

Gomez

So the usual searches have appraised you to what 'pegging' means then ;)

I know what pegging means. This song has nothing to do with that and, I would hazard, more than likely pre-dates that meaning. It's a regional expression for being exhausted, possibly Yorkshire in origin because of the word jiggered. I recall it being played on the radio a long time ago. Unless this was innuendo that slipped by Auntie's red pen.

Doc Cox recorded quite few naughty songs, such as "I'm a Winker" under his pen-name of Ivor Biggun

Check him out? As it sounds the sort of thing he would record.

No, it's not listed in his discography.

Looks like it's 'I'm Powfagged' by The Fivepenny Piece: https://colloquywithcompulsivecollector.blogspot.com/2010/10/songs-we-love-to-sing-by-fivepenny.html

Well found :) Interesting it's a Lancashire phrase. We (old gits) used to use it in Derbyshire but it's almost completely disappeared now.

"Where's me dad?" "He's in the front room pegged out in front of the tele"

I had a feeling it was lanky.

I can find no reference to anybody called Lanky.

Lanky as in the Lancashire dialect. 'Fow' sounded lanky :)

Doesn't help identifying who sang it.

If nobody else actually knows the song, could anybody suggest where else I could ask.

I assumed the one suggested by a plate was correct.

I hadn't noticed that post. Thanks for the prod.

Thanks. A plate. That's what I was looking for. My memory wasn't quite that clear.