Wanna write a sitcom with Leevil? Page 3

Leevil, stop being a big lazy shit.

Now that wasn't very nice, was it?

Quote: Seefacts @ March 24, 2008, 10:46 PM

Leevil, stop being a big lazy shit.

Ha! It's because of you I want to explore different situations and more imaginative worlds.

Quote: Aaron @ March 24, 2008, 10:54 PM

Now that wasn't very nice, was it?

I really wanted to reply with 'f**k off' Jake How style, but I didn't want my arse kicked.

Also, I'm not looking for any more writers thanks. So yeah, the doors that way.

:D

Inundated with offers? Even I was tempted.

Quote: Leevil @ March 24, 2008, 10:56 PM

Ha! It's because of you I want to explore different situations and more imaginative worlds.

How lovely.

And facetious, you big piss taker.

Seriously though, I think your writing has an effortless pace which is sooooo easy on the . . . Eyes? Brain, maybe? Anyway, so if you're able to finish a sitcom with real thought put into it - character and plot wise - I think it'd be good.

So anyway I got an idea out of the brainstorming even if Lee wasn't interested.

Chapman with an idea. Undoubtedly a scary prospect for the world. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ March 25, 2008, 11:08 AM

Chapman with an idea. Undoubtedly a scary prospect for the world. ;)

I didn't say it was mine!

Leevil, my writing partner and I were very interested to see this thread because it's kind of how we work. I'm the one that likes full characters, tons of background research to whatever we're writing, a complete plot before the script gets written, all the geeky stuff...

My partner likes to write dialogue on whatever comes to hand, fly by the seat of the pants, and jump into a script wherever and whenever inspiration has struck.

It takes time to appreciate the different skills that two people bring to a script, and to also understand that for a partnership to work, equal recognition is vital. We struggle with that from time to time.

I wish you every success in this venture. The richness that more than one mind, especially differently thinking minds, can bring to a script is amazing. If you can make a partnership work, the payback is really worthwhile.

Good luck.

Thanks Starscream, you'll be pleased to know there are 5 minds working on it now :S Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ March 25, 2008, 11:00 PM

Thanks Starscream, you'll be pleased to know there are 5 minds working on it now :S Pleased

Ah, yes. That well-known proverb: 'Five minds are better than ... ' No, wait. That's wrong ...

Quote: Leevil @ March 25, 2008, 11:00 PM

Don't you mean 4 minds plus me?

Leevil, just a word in your ear. The Uk TV companies don't go for American type sitcoms, that's why we see so many same format ones here. They go for character based humour and not gags