The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 104

If you know your BritishBlues/Rock from the late 60's/early 70's, today will be a sad day.
Tony 'TS' McPhee has died age 79.
Originally a backing band for loads of blues greats, including John Lee Hooker, his band, The Groundhogs, were hugely influential.
A unique guitar player.
RIP

Well I do know Tony McPhee but I don't know any Groundhogs really. I kept meaning to listen some day.

Don't know whether this fits better on this thread or on the football thread but... John Hollins, age 76.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th June 2023, 1:59 PM

Don't know whether this fits better on this thread or on the football thread but... John Hollins, age 76.

Yes. Just saw that. Chelsea's answer to Alan Ball. He only got one cap but if they'd played as many meaningless games as now and had as many substitutes he'd have had many more.

RIP Glenda Jackson

Damned fine actress

Rest in Peace Glenda Jackson - one of my favourite films is her with Oliver Reed in "The Triple Echo". Not such a well known one, but for me a classic for both of them, and who could forget this - with Glenda looking so hot! And funny.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1746611392038887

Another top footballer gone too early, one of the best centre halves I've ever seen play, and possibly the bravest, the great Gordon McQueen. Like all Leeds players of the time, he was hard but classy with it. Lorimer was getting a name as the strongest shooter in England reaching 70mph, but even he couldn't believe the power McQueen got on his headed goals, and they were soon crossing the ball to him more than the forwards. Very proud to have got his autograph, and apparently a lovely man off the field. RIP great footballer.

RIP Alan Arkin. So many great performances, but my personal favourite was him in Grosse Point Blank.

Little Miss Sunshine was good too.
And Catch22
Great actor.
RIP

Oh no. :( Such a naturally funny actor.

Catch 22 for me - Rest In Peace

John Nettleton - Sir Arnold, Cabinet Secretary in Yes Minister. Aged 94.

Rest in Peace - Sexy Lady....................

Tony Bennett, aged 96

Shit.
I had a role for him in a screenplay.
Oh, and RIP etc