Imaginary News Network

I found that sometimes i needed something sillier than satire (maybe not as silly as the real news) so myself and m'learned colleagues made some content (on a 70 day loop .. :] ) : https://imaginarynewsnetwork.com

0 posts?

Sorry.. gotta start somewhere..

I don't actually mean that. You had posted once and your count was zero.

That is odd. Guess first one doesn't count somewhere. I blame computer scientists :)

Would appreciate any feedback (good or bad) on the site and content.

I've had a few say they enjoy the different tone, removing the grounding in any relation to reality allows us to use mechanisms and structures that wouldn't necessarily work elsewhere. (e.g Punchlines optional makes it much easier ofc).
Personally the ones i enjoy the most are when we get near (bad) poetry (my favourite line in today's update being "The firm have held holdings in gold holdings for months while prices have held steady, Eddie, said Eddie Holdings of Gold Holdings," which I'm fairly sure is pretty damn awful poetry :].), but that might just be me.
(Obviously the business section is always gonna owe a significant debt to The Day Today but i don't think the content there is solely mimicry).

Good stuff! I would agree that it's refreshing to just go for daft stuff and not satire, as there's already enough comedy that reacts to or parodies 'real' news, whereas this is more escapist humour. Not all of it quite hit the mark for me, but I did 'lol' at a few of the articles, such as 'Imaginary man rues interview opportunity' and the Benny Brucebar 'live' jazz album review.

Thanks so much for checking it out, Mr Plate ( :] ) and thanks for the positive feedback. That we could get a proper laugh or two has really made my day and given encouragement to continue working on it. I'll take the hit n miss as something that's shared with even the best.. and keep trying to refine it to more of the former, less of the latter.