Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (spoilers) Page 2

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 25, 2007, 11:26 AM

haha Im quite tempted to read it now-I outgrew it a bit after book four :$

You outgrew Harry Potter when you were 10?

I just don't get the Harry Potter books/films. They just seem too fantastical. Alright I get all the stuff about wizards and flying cars and everything.......

........ but come on.... a ginger with 2 friends!

Quote: Retinend @ July 25, 2007, 12:57 PM

You outgrew Harry Potter when you were 10?

Was probably about 11...I got bored of it

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 25, 2007, 1:07 PM

You moved onto more mature, advanced stuff like Pokemon.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 25, 2007, 1:07 PM

you realise "outgrew" and "got bored" aren't one and the same, right? "Outgrew" gives the impression that you thought the books beneath you at the age of 11.

haha I very probably did to be honest... I was headstrong when I was 11- I realise theyre different things, but I thought they were beneath me because I got bored I spose

You'd prefer Pirates of the Caribbean and Captain Pugwash.

not quite...

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 25, 2007, 12:41 PM

I cant tell if youre kidding or serious!

Serious.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ July 25, 2007, 1:00 PM

I just don't get the Harry Potter books/films. They just seem too fantastical. Alright I get all the stuff about wizards and flying cars and everything.......

........ but come on.... a ginger with 2 friends!

Laughing out loud

I didn't notice that it was set in 1997. But I suppose that makes sense chronologically if Harry started school in the year the first book was written.

Quote: Aaron @ July 24, 2007, 11:37 PM

Or perhaps she snuck into his bed later that night and wanked him off under the covers?

:O
I want to read that version.

Quote: zooo @ July 25, 2007, 4:52 PM

I didn't notice that it was set in 1997. But I suppose that makes sense chronologically if Harry started school in the year the first book was written.

The first book was published in 1997, so Harry would have started school (in the logic of the books) in 1990.

Well then that's mental.

Maybe she wrote it originally in 1990 and it took 7 years to get published?....

Or, as I said, she's just a mental.

Well she began writing it about 20 years ago now, yes. I forget exactly. One would have thought that she wouldn't back-date it like that though.

Quote: Aaron @ July 25, 2007, 11:40 PM

Well she began writing it about 20 years ago now,

Hope for us yet then - if some of us live that long!

From front office of the Department of Old Thread Revival

Well...............I finally watched the last disc (the 2 or 3 extras discs can stay unwatched!!) in the Blue Ray box set I had bought for me some three years ago, and can only say.................

WTF was that all about! The fuss, I mean. Just don't get it. I like fantasy films, but this was just plain boring.

Now if Harry and Ron had spit-roast Hermione in this final film, THAT, would have made it a bit more interesting.