Creative Writing Group (Quick Animation)

Hello There

Me still learning 3D:

https://youtu.be/r1L5bcKYqZY

Feel free to critique everything (script, animation, music, voices, etc).

Yac

Excellent :)

Awesome.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm sure I'm going to embarrass myself terribly here, but I don't get it. Has something happened on SNL recently of which I need to be aware?

The visual characterisation is excellent, as per, Yacob.

Gappy me too...Sorry Jacob i did not get the pay off either. But i am liking the animation. What software are you using and does it still take a lot of time?
I am asking because i wondered how difficult/costly it would be to have a short sketch animated?

Clearly I've written something far too intellectual to be understood by the masses. That's the only possible explanation for my joke not working :).

The joke is SNL is as funny as people getting hanged and incerated. Though if I'm expressing that through the medium of a cartoon that attempts humour and doesn't achieve it, I suppose I have no authority on the matter (also, SNL has gotten better recently). Oh well. Still good practice. It's fun for me to do voices, animate, make music and everything else.

Regarding Playfull's questions: I used Blender (a free, but still very good) program. It takes a long time to learn and it takes a long time to do any animation with it. I think I've just figured out how to use motion-capture, so hopefully that'll make the process a lot quicker for me. For now, I'd like to concentrate on making my own scripts. That is unless a well-renowned production company or broadcaster wanted me to do some work for them (though I'm not saying I'm a good enough animator to work at that level). Not sure what the going rate for Blender animators is.

Next time, I'll make a fairly typical animated sketch.

Yac

Ah, I see. My take on SNL is not that it's painfully unfunny, but that the sketches are always in desperate need of an edit. Anyway, it all makes sense now, thanks.

Love the voice overs and animation Yacob. I'd agree with gappy, SNL still gets over 6 million viewers. I'm not convinced its broadly perceived to be humourless. Kate McKinnon is in the cast.

Thanks Firkin. I was worried about choosing a target that was too obvious (e.g. The Big Bang Theory). SNL isn't to my taste but I might be in the minority.

If I ended up sending this to anyone in TV Land (which is unlikely), I'd probably include a note saying, "Yeah, ignore the joke here, but the stuff I make can look and sound like this."