No Sex Please - We're British Page 3

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th February 2021, 1:17 PM

In the same way as fans of radio series such as Hancock's Half Hour, The Goons, The Glums, etc often prefer the original radio series to the subsequent TV series "because the pictures are better".

Hmm, not sure if that's an analogy that holds up, for The Goons especially as they just don't work visually.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th February 2021, 3:00 PM

I didn't get much beyond 15 minutes. It's just that you cringe with embarrassment at every turn.

Cringe is a good word in this instance. I did manage to watch all of it, but only to see if it would improve, which it didn't.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th February 2021, 3:08 PM

Hmm, not sure if that's an analogy that holds up, for The Goons especially as they just don't work visually.

I think you've just disproved your own point!

Quote: Aaron @ 9th February 2021, 3:09 PM

I think you've just disproved your own point!

No, I don't see that at all. Billy was talking about things happening off stage. Totally different to visualising a radio show.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th February 2021, 3:08 PM

That's what he was saying. The pictures in your imagination are better than those which are shown - such as the Telegoons.

Nope, still don't agree.

Sitting in a theatre watching something and assuming something is going on behind the scenes, if that is your want, is totally different to sitting back with your eyes closed, listening to a radio programme. Physically and mentally, the two are completely different situations.

Hi first time posting, can anyone tell me what happens in the scene with Michael Bates and those two beauties? I've ordered the film and, I don't care about spoilers lol (it's nearly 50 years old..) I literally just want to watch it for that scene lol (as I have a crush on Michael Bates, Margaret Nolan and Valerie...so) and really curious and I wanna know nowwww , couldn't find anything apart from a couple of pictures but please could someone possibly give me context, thank u