Spitting Image Page 3

Re Forde, seeing as people care about whether satire is biased so much you'd think that a former political advisor being involved would be more of an issue.

All satire is bissed. And it would be somewhat unfair if once having been a political adviser some years ago automatically disqualified him from ever being able to contribute to anything satirical ever again!
Especially as his Trump impression is very good.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2020, 9:13 AM

Yes, and there you go. For example, I used to love the Olivier/Gielgud luvvie puppets etc. "Oh Johnnie, Johnnie, your Hamlet was simply divine, my dear boy"

Oh dear, hope I didn't put the mockers on fate, as the Olivier voice was done by John Sessions who has just died. :(

Oh, that's interesting! "Spitting Image" DVD Series 1 -12 out on the 21st Feb.

Must put it on my Amazon wants....................Er, wait a minute.........

Oh, ? actually only 10 series and £70 - er, no thank you...........

You're not actually getting any less for your money, mind - it's just a series numbering discrepancy. The original run lasted 20 series so it is in fact a neat half.

Yes, but for £70..... Gulp

Well I don't disagree with that.

But look at it another way: £7 a series, or less than £4.38 per disc. I'd consider that a very good price to pay for a more normal one or two series set.

Of course, that's a strike while the iron's hot price - I remember having a rush of blood to the head and paying £50 for The Goodies DVD box set when it first came out, that is now half that, so I'll wait and see.