Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais

Just to mention these two true greats of British Comedy writing.

The Likely Lads, Porridge, What ever happened to the Likely Lads and of course the sublime Auf Wiedersehen Pet to name but a few.

I'd settle for one gag in any one of those shows. But to have written them all...

Awesome!!

Yes they had a great day, didn't they?

They did in my opinion produce some of the best Television Programmes ever.

I was going to say British and then thought the Yanks had never done anything better.

Legends

Who?

:P

Brilliant writers. And rich. Good role models then...

I'll second that.

I hate how I've only seen porridge which that fawlty towers and only fools and horses are my favourite comedies ever.

They were great comedy writers, without question, but wasn't 'Goal' the biggest bag of shite footballing Roy-of-the-Rover cliches ever written?

Quote: SlagA @ September 29, 2007, 7:59 PM

They were great comedy writers, without question, but wasn't 'Goal' the biggest bag of shite footballing Roy-of-the-Rover cliches ever written?

It was as good an example of male masturbatory fantasy as Showgirls.

A very good interview on radio earlier er yesterday now on Radio London should anyone want to iplayer it. La Frenais is a very funny bloke, I took from that he was the main gag or funny line writer in their sitcoms but is too polite to say it. They get on very well as a team, and obviously that means no blowing their own trumpet. They're still writing for stage and reminded me to see if the film The Jokers has been released on DVD yet, a belter of a comedy heist movie penned by them in their Likely Lads years.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th September 2019, 1:15 AM

if the film The Jokers has been released on DVD yet

Yours for £2.65 on eBay - and that includes postage.

I can't imagine better value than that.

A great little comedy film - especially if you remember the Swinging 60s! Laughing out loud