Carry on carrying on!

Film producer Brian Baker has won a very lengthy and very expensive legal battle with ITV over the rights to the "Carry On" brand.

Last week, the Intellectual Property Office invalidated a number of ITV's rights because they were not using the brand.

ITV still retain the rights to the "Carry On" name when applied to films but Brian, who has so far spent £500,000 in his legal battle is now allowed to sell "Carry On" branded products in order to raise money that he hopes will revive the franchise.

In 2016, ITV gave Brian a licence to produce a film using the protected name: now all he has to do is to raise the money to make the film - something he hopes to do by selling the branded products.

Apparently, he has the rights to make three new "Carry On" films and has scripts obtained from his good friend, producer Peter Rogers before his death in 2006.

He acknowledges that a 21st-century effort will have to be politically correct but, having acknowledged that, he still intends to go ahead and make the films.

Good luck, mate! Laughing out loud

I think this could be quite interesting (unless the results are rubbish, like the shameful 'Columbus').

I imagine Carrs (A and J) and Norton would be in the frame re. casting.

How about 'Karry On Korea'?

Politically correct?
They won't be Carry On films,then.

Quite so / true dat

What about Hyenas and Vultures in Carry On Carrion?

Very good :-)

We'll probably get 'Carry on Leaving the European Union', feat. Miranda Hart as Mrs May. Or something.

Quote: Text Lexus @ 1st July 2019, 10:19 PM

Very good :-)

We'll probably get 'Carry on Leaving the European Union',

With Hattie Jacques as Diane Abbott, Stanley Unwin as Jeremy Corbyn, Barbara Windsor as Nicola Sturgeon, Esma Cannon as Theresa May, Sid James as Boris Johnson, Kenneth Williams as Jeremy Hunt, Bernard Bresslaw as Jacob Rees-Mogg, Kenneth Connor as John Bercow and Charles Hawtrey as Michael Gove.

D'you know, I can picture most of those. I still think Miranda's voice might work for Treeza.

How about Farage?

Quote: Text Lexus @ 1st July 2019, 11:11 PM

How about Farage?

Good question. I think that's got to be Sid James hasn't it? So perhaps we'd have to parachute Peter Butterworth into the Boris role.

Talking about Carrying On, I have a lovely event at Pinewood this Saturday if anyone fancies coming along: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/carry-on-screening-tickets-63412581739

Any leaks on these yet? He's going to make them back to back so will he reveal all three names at once or have to sack the actors who leak them and find new ones? Please God do not use stand ups or Reeves and Mortimer, we know none of them can act.

It wouldn't be so bad if they used good actors as the originals' doubles as in the biopics, reviving the original actors in some way. I could stomach them if we were watching good copies of Williams et al. I don't think I could bear watching Alan Carr and Frankie Boyle as modern versions of them. I await the merest news of the films in semi horror tbh...Teary Aaaaargh no!