Celebrity Gogglebox 2019

If you're a fan of the civilian version of Gogglebox, you'll love the celebrity version.

In fact, even if you're not a fan of the civilian version you'll probably love the celebrity version.

Of course, like all "celebrity" versions of TV shows, not everybody involved will be recognisable to most TV viewers. Indeed, some of the so-called celebrities would, in any rational universe, be stacking shelves at their local minimart but this universe is far from rational and so we have to expect ne'er-do-wells occasionally to do very well indeed.

The stars of this version, for me anyway, are Shaun Ryder and his mate Bez, the two Chris Eubanks (senior and junior), Rylan and his mum, Martin Kemp and his son Roman, Gyles Brandreth and Sheila Hancock, Stanley Johnson and Georgia Toffolo, and to my considerable surprise Laurence Fox (the deadly serious Lord Palmerston in Victoria) who has an absolutely brilliant sense of humour and is very funny indeed.

There are other people too, many of whom I've never heard of and some that I've heard of (Little Mix) but would not recognise if they fell out of the sky on top of me.

All in all, it's a very funny show indeed.

I think Chris Eubank Jr has a lot of patience.

I'd like to see Shaun and Bez enjoying one of those American documentaries about UFOs and the Hollow Earth, Antarctic Nazis and stuff.

But only if they go back on the drugs. That would have to be a contractual requirement.