A case of semantics

A farmer chewing straw is in a court room.
On the table in front of him are two small eggs in a plastic bag marked EVIDENCE.

His solicitor has the floor and is addressing the court while pointing at a large aerial photograph on an easel .

SOLICITOR:
So as you can clearly see it is in fact the actual barn that's large not the eggs . As such my clients branding of his products as 'Large Barn Eggs' Is in fact perfectly legal

The judge bangs his Gavel

JUDGE:
Case closed!

The farmer smirks and winks at his solicitor

The farmer smirks and winks at his large hen..
Edit -
couldn't think of a punch line

Flook the punch is in that he knew he would win , it was nailed on.

I suppose so

Without wishing to be a complete pain in the arse, I should point out that "large barn eggs" are large eggs laid in a barn.

Eggs (of unspecified size) laid in a large barn are "large-barn eggs".

Accordingly, the farmer will be giving customers their money back.

'Large barn eggs' is ambiguous.

'Large barn-eggs' and 'large-barn eggs' clarifies.

In fairness to Teddy and JohnnyD, "large barn eggs" is sufficiently ambiguous to inspire a sketch based on its ambiguity. I'm not knocking the sketch: it would get a laugh on any sketch show.

Having said that, a search for "large barn-eggs" produces zero hits on Google, which suggests that the absence of a hyphen causes no confusion in practice.

Thanks for the feed back folks this was just a throw away which I now suspect is better spoken than written.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 20th July 2018, 3:10 PM

Thanks for the feed back folks this was just a throw away which I now suspect is better spoken than written.

For comedy purposes, the sketch works perfectly well - so full marks to you for writing something funny and clever!