American Dad- Don't Quote it at work Page 2

I quoted American Dad in the pub and got a good laugh "The Clitoris - Nature's Rubix Cube."

The boss called me into the Office today. 'Cancer is not funny' was the first thing he said to me. She's alright now though, the lady I offended, nothing a bunch of flowers won't put right. Still feeling very uncomfortable in the office though.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 5, 2008, 4:21 PM

nothing a bunch of flowers won't put right. Still feeling very uncomfortable in the office though.

Maybe because she has cancer?

Only one way to find out - write it in the card?

Rockos Modern Life.

I loved that cartoon! I have the theme song playing in my head now.

"Cancer isn't funny"!!
Laughing out loud

Quote: James Williams @ March 10, 2008, 3:02 PM

"Cancer isn't funny"!!
Laughing out loud

I know. I was born on June 26th.

Now time has passed since the INCIDENT- I still feel very uncomfortable. Looking back now, I would do anything to go back in time and not say it again. I got on so well with the boss and still do, yet feel we have lost something in our friendship. The lady I offended by the way is fine with me now, we went on a conference together and got on very well. She told me I was such a nice guy, the average person wouldn't have apologised but I did and she thinks I'm one of the nicest guys she's met. But helll, what I would do to turn the clock back.

Well the whole thing has today taken a drastic turn. The office was full, everybody in it, even the boss. We were telling a few jokes and someone in the office said 'I tell you what is funny. CANCER!!!' and everyone in the whole office went silent and were very shocked. Then the boss said: 'Shut up. We've had this before. You have a joke and somebody takes it too far'- obviously referring to my incident.

Now what upset me was that the woman who cried when I made a joke about cancer was in the room today and didn't cry this time. Now, altough I admit my joke was wrong, it had a bit of a comic edge to it. This incident today was just plain vicious.

As we left the office today, the boss called the guy who made todays bad joke into his office. Oh dear.

She probably didn't cry because it wasn't such a shock this time. Thing.

Yes I know, but wasn't his joke far more offensive than the one I took from American Dad.

Maybe she had cancer of the tear ducts?

Could just bring her a big box of adult nappies. In case it's bowel cancer.

or a wig

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 4 2008, 3:43 PM GMT

One big word of warning- DON'T QUOTE AMERICAN DAD AT WORK!!!

I got talking about it with my colleagues at work today and I was reminded of a certain quote from 'Stan of Arabia- Part 1' When Stan gives the speech at his bosses party, he says: You know our boss prides himself in knowing everything- well he didn't know his Mum had cancer until it was too late'

I quoted this today at work which made a woman working in my office run out crying. Everyone has been giving me strange looks in the office all day. IT'S NOT GOOD.

But it is good. We play the tutting game at lunchtime sometimes. The idea is we get a female member of staff to 'tut' or say 'well that's just too far' and whoever can wins. Had a supply teacher walk out once whilst discussing the various ways of using a Mars Bar. I was Master of the Tut for a whole month! No no, I am grown up.

You really should not be left ANYWHERE near children.