Archaeology is LIVE - a cry for help

"Good evening and welcome to Archaeology is LIVE. My name is Olly Constantinople and joining me as ever are Sir Richard Digbeth (Hello) and Dr Simon Falshaw (Hello there), and you join us on this glorious summers day at Dig Headquarters as we attempt to...(outline plot of episode)"

So starts nearly every episode of Archaeology is LIVE (AiL), the world's premier fact-based archaeology program. It is infact a comedy show written by me, my brother and our cousin (a podcast, in the modern parlance, though we always saw it as more of a radio show).

The thing is, we are desperate for people to hear it and let us know what they think, but we're really struggling to get any interest in it at all. We want brutally honest feedback, (how else are we to improve?), but very few people outside our existing audience are willing to give it a chance, and even fewer are prepared to offer any feedback.

This is where i hope you lovely bunch can come in. If any of you are prepared to take a chance, listen to our stuff and let us know what you think, that would be awesome! If people geniunely think its shit, then please tell us. If people want to offer constructive feedback, please do. I people like it and what to recommend it, then even better.

We do it because we really enjoy doing it, it makes us laugh and if it makes anyone else laugh then that is a dream come true.

Listen to the episodes here: https://soundcloud.com/archaeology-is-live Watch our Hadrian's Wall Special here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BCwnyI0hs

Thanks for your time, patiences and bothering to read this far down the post!

Hello Ollyman,

Just gave Archaeology is live a listen. Maybe 30 mins for each show is to much. People have short attention spans. Asking people to sit through 30 mins when they don't know your work might be to much. Maybe 10 mins max. (roughly) By shortening it it will be easier to get a better script together, with more funny lines. Script is the most important thing. Getting some funny lines in straight away will grab peoples attention.

Maybe the archaeology could just be part of the show. Maybe other things linked to history sketches, interviews etc? Maybe a radio show based around history? By trying your hand at other ideas you might find something you think is really good.

Make sure what you say is clear. With the sound effects and accents, recording outside I was missing lines that could of been funny.

Listen to other podcasts that get more listens. See how they structure their work and how they have built up a following.

cheers.