mrs browns boys made me do it

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&feature=vm&video_id=nTMzNQ377Fk

I watched your previous video rant against Mrs Brown's Boys. The above link doesn't seem to link to anything.

Until this week, I had never seen Mrs Brown's Boys. I had noticed it in the pirate DVD markets, but no one had ever recommended it to me, and no one I knew was talking about it on social media.

Your rant made me curious. Could a show really be so bad? I watched some. It reminded me of Are You Being Served and Love Thy Neighbor and Bless This House (and the '70s Carry Ons). But with all the outtakes left in, to give a more theatrical, friendly feel. Perhaps some of the ad-libbing, fluffing and corpsing is fake.

It became extremely fashionable in the 80s to despise "broad" 70s sitcoms and the Benny Hill Show and Bernard Manning. Yet, there is now incredible nostalgia for such stuff. For too long, perhaps, comedy commissioners aimed for edgy, political, shouty and intelligent -- forgetting that many people just enjoy simple, crude silliness.

When it comes to crap sitcoms, there's stuff like Bread, Birds of a Feather and more. Mrs Brown's Boys isn't unwatchable crap, it's just silly fun. With swearing (which is prevalent in plenty of shows now). Obviously not everyone's cup of tea.