Which is better?

Version 1

Putin is giving a speech

Putin
Pah we Russian’s do not need your puny EU election monitors. We have hired some one far more reliable. The BBC ah the results.

Some one hands him a letter.

Putin opens it.

Putin
The new Russian President is…..Socks the cat.

Version 2
Putin is giving a speech

Putin
Pah we Russian’s do not need your puny EU election monitors. We have hired some one far more reliable. The BBC ah the results.

Some one hands him a letter.

Putin opens it.

Putin
The new Russian President is…..who ever I say it is, I paid for the election

version 1!

Quote: zooo @ March 3, 2008, 7:02 PM

version 1!

Ditto.

Definitely version 3

Thanks speedy responders.

Version 1 = v funny

Version 2 wasn't at all funny for me

Thought as much, wrote second one as wasn't quite sure first one worked, but glad most of you agreed with me.

As a BBC employee, I vote for... neither.

Version 1 is obviously funnier, but given the small nature of BBC offences (naming a cat, making up someone who won 6 CDs...) as opposed to ITV - multi-million pound fine for fraud - I'd maybe change the Beeb reference to our commercial rivals.

Hold out SootyJ, I detect a bargaining position here ;) Laughing out loud

Sorry Barbs, the BBC is like the Queen drinking to much sherry, and saying bollocks during her Xmas speech. Funny because, the BBC is such a respected, and venerable institution, the joke I think shows respect, because it draws attention to how rare, and unusual the situation was.

ITV is a naughty dog, no one is suprised when it shits on the carpet.

Endemol is a naughty dog with diarrhea

Making fun of their lack of values is a waste of time.

Well I always wanted to write Dave Dickinson chipper banter, any chance of a job if I write a series on what a soulless husk ITV has become?

>_<

Remind me not to get you to negotiate a contract for me. Laughing out loud

Barbs loves the BBC, it's quite worrying at times, he's only a night security guard at Pebble Mill as well.

Definitely version 1.

I've done some socks the cat stuff in stand up(related to Pakistan not Russia though) and it went down very well. It's not just BBC but Blue Peter acting like totalitarian dictators which gives it extra punch.

Right, I'm off to think about Konnie Huq apologising for being naughty.

Can Gethin be involved, wearing some sort of rugby strip?

Quote: zooo @ March 4, 2008, 3:37 PM

Can Gethin be involved, wearing some sort of rugby strip?

Or not wearing some sort of rugby strip, surely?

In answer to the sootyj, neither! THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE IN A PLURAL. >_<

(I think they'd work best together. I imagine them as both being in the same show, with maybe half a dozen other sketches between. If that makes sense.)

I prefer a present wrapped.