Amateur writer seeks writer for music based sitcom

Hi guys

From the get go I want to say I'm a complete newbie in script writing but please don't let that put you off.

I'm looking for a writing partner to try and get a sitcom idea I've got off the ground. If your a fan of The Inbetweeners and things like The IT Crowd and other British comedies and have any musical background then your the person I'm looking for. The idea I've got is based around a band so if you been in a band or anything like that it would come in handy.

Even if you have no writing experience either, then we could work it out together. I just want to meet a friend who I get on with and write some funny material.

I'm 27 and based between Nottingham and Derby.

Thanks for reading.

Quote: GingerbreadDan @ 11th July 2016, 4:35 PM BST

Hi guys

From the get go I want to say I'm a complete newbie in script writing but please don't let that put you off.

I'm looking for a writing partner to try and get a sitcom idea I've got off the ground. If your a fan of The Inbetweeners and things like The IT Crowd and other British comedies and have any musical background then your the person I'm looking for. The idea I've got is based around a band so if you been in a band or anything like that it would come in handy.

Even if you have no writing experience either, then we could work it out together. I just want to meet a friend who I get on with and write some funny material.

I'm 27 and based between Nottingham and Derby.

Thanks for reading.

It's a really good idea for a sitcom, although the forthcoming 'David Brent: Life On The Road' seems quite a similar concept and there was also that Harry Enfield rock star series which was adapted from the pages of 'Private Eye' which tanked about a decade ago.

If you want to be a writer though, then you'll need to use the correct form of 'your/you're'.

Haha thanks I do know the difference, I think I just need to learn that I need to proof read everything before I send it out lol.

:)