Airport

A GUY WALKS INTO AN AIRPORT TERMINAL; HE GOES UP TO THE DESK.

MAN: Excuse me? Could you tell me where the nearest bar is please? I’m a first time flyer, I’m a little nervous.

GIRL: That’s ok sir, I understand, it’s just up those stairs.

MAN: Thanks.

WE THEN SEE THE GUY BOARD THE PLANE, HE GOES INTO THE COCKPIT.
CAMERA SHOWS THE BACK OF THE PLANE, ON EACH WING WE SEE TWO GREEN Ps.

I can't get that one Ray.

I did get that one actually.

Presumably he goes to the cockpit after he's been to the bar.

???
Sorry,what do green p's represent?

New driver!

Oh right-I didnt know that! Is that common knowledge then? The sketch makes sense now. Although wouldn't it be clearer if we saw him in a pilots uniform? coz I thought he was a passenger who'd wandered into the cockpit by mistake.
(clearly my knowledge of planes is as lacking as my knowledge of cars-I've just been informed that,due to tightened security,no-one 'wanders into the cockpit' anymore.But hey,its comedy and anything can happen right!)

Yes if this were to be filmed then he would be wearing a pilot’s uniform.

P for Provisional on cars.

Why do people do that? Do they expect special treatment? Fair enough - red L while they learn and I am patient with them - but once they pass the test don't expect any favours!

I have a red F "F**kin' hell that was close".

Has more of an impact in a midlands accent too :$

I got it. Worked very well. For those that feel the Ps were a curveball - you don't need the Ps to understand the joke, surely you get that as soon as he enters the cockpit?

Quote: James Williams @ January 12, 2008, 7:28 PM

surely you get that as soon as he enters the cockpit?

Is that a reference to Charley by any chance?

It wouldn't work if he was wearing a uniform

You would have to put a greatcoat on him and have him remove the greatcoat as he reaches the cockpit.

I had thought of that. I leave no stoned unturned. Laughing out loud

haha I liked it. Sort of 'Big Train' type comedy sketch.

It passed me by on first reading...for some reason I imagined green peas on the wings, which was surreal.

You could maybe do with a longer set-up...maybe the fella in a bar knocking back the whiskies, and chatting to the guy next to him,...they're both first time fliers.

Then the flight's called, and as they get to the stairs he takes his coat off to reveal the uniform.