Upper Middle Bogan

Upper Middle Bogan is an Australian sitcom about a middle class family discovering the lower class side of their family, so a bit like My Family meets Kath and Kim.

It was written by Wayne Hope and Robyn Butler. They've been around for a while, doing sitcoms like Librarians, and Very Small business. It was directed by Tony Martin, who's a comedy God in Australia, mostly known for his radio comedy shows, but he also co-wrote and directed movies like Cracker Jack.

The first season of Upper Middle Bogan came out a few years ago was mildly successful, but the second season came out at the start of 2015 was excellent.

Well worth a view, particularly the second season.

I like this show. I didn't see the first series when it originally aired but got into it in a rerun. When I went to England this year it was available to watch on the plane. It was called something different though- I think it was Bess of Both Worlds. I guess the term Bogan might not translate very well.

That's an awful name. No doubt thought up by some executive who thought 'bogan' is too difficult for someone sitting on a plane to understand.

Just watched both series of this sitcom/comedy drama and thoroughly enjoyed it. It would have been so easy to over egg the cake and end up with "To the Manor Born" meets "The Royale Family" but this was wonderfully pitched.

Good acting. Good writing. Good production. Good characters. It results in something that's very easy to be fond of.

I'm looking forward to season 3.

I reckon I might give it a go!