Any writers/comedy writing groups near Manchester?

Just wondered if there were any people meeting up to talk through scripts and business in and around the Manchester area to bounce ideas off, collaborate or likely talk and drink. I live in rainy Buxton. :)

I understand there's a meet up group at Manchester Central Library and there's also something called The Sitcom Circle that meets at Media City (more info on the BBC Writers Room website).

I live in Manchester so if you like you could e-mail me a sample and we could see if we had similar sensibilities.

Quote: Winger @ 6th November 2015, 6:19 PM GMT

I understand there's a meet up group at Manchester Central Library and there's also something called The Sitcom Circle that meets at Media City (more info on the BBC Writers Room website).

I live in Manchester so if you like you could e-mail me a sample and we could see if we had similar sensibilities.

Ok thanks for the reply. I will have a look into the meet up at the library and chop up a part of a script to you. I am trying to get the skill to have various comic voices so the current script I made was for US TV, next up is a dark comic drama (don't want to be a one trick pony) then who knows.

tyvm Winger I appreciate it.