Triforce Writerslam

thetcn.com/writerslam/

Could try selling it to us?

It has sweet Fanny Adams to do with me. I'm just sharing an opportunity because I am Michael and I am good.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th September 2015, 12:17 PM BST

thetcn.com/writerslam/

Fine, I'll do it!

There you go. :)

WriterSlam
WANT TO WRITE COMEDY FOR TV?

Submissions open for WriterSlam - Supported by CreativeSkillset, Tiger Aspect, ITV & ITV Studios, BBC and Hat Trick.

Building on the success of our MonologueSlam UK initiative for actors, WriterSlam UK is our initiative to help TV production companies and broadcasters access new and established writers from diverse backgrounds and support them in their career development, providing tangible outcomes for participants with a structured and accessible programme over 2015.

How to enter WriterSlam

CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS MIDNIGHT Oct 4th 2015

The second WriterSlam will take place on 19th November at Theatre Royal Stratford East and is supported by Creative Skillset, Tiger Aspect, ITV, ITV Studios, BBC and Hat Trick. We're looking for new voices for television, who come from all backgrounds and have different identities. We champion diversity of experience - if you include everyone, you don't need to exclude anyone.

You might have literary representation, you might not. You might have written for theatre, or for short film, in your bedroom, or even just in your own head. ANYONE can enter.

What are we looking for?

Tiger Aspect are our lead supporters on this event and they are looking for new comedy voices. So we are looking for ideas for SCRIPTED COMEDY SERIES including comedy drama.

What do I need to submit?

We believe that not everyone has the time to sit down and write a whole TV script, even though they may be the next Kay Mellor. Instead of submitting an entire script, you need to submit:

A short synopsis of your comedy series idea (no more than 200 words).
10-15 pages of an episode of the comedy series. This does not have to be the first episode, but it can be.
All scripts must be in a Word doc or PDF submitted through our website - click on the submission form button below. Script documents must be named as follows: lastname.firstname.titleofscript
Closing date for submissions is Sunday 4th Oct 2015 at midnight.
Are there any restrictions?

For this event we are looking for comedy ideas, rather than drama. We are open to ideas which might be termed comedy/drama so if you're not sure, submit it.
There must be a maximum of 6 characters in the script extract you submit. There can be further characters that appear in the series later on.
Your submission can be written for the competition, or it can be something you're already working on.
What's the process?

All submissions will be read.
Up to 20 submissions will be shortlisted by the TCN.
Tiger Aspect and the TCN will select 5 submissions as finalists.
The 5 finalists will be invited to a writers' workshop on Saturday 31 October. These 5 writers will be taught how to generate an industry standard pitch and synopsis, as well as receiving in-depth advice and expertise from an industry script editor. Writers will also be developing their work with an eye to producing a full script.
The 5 finalists will have their extracts performed at the WriterSlam event on 19th November. The event is open to the public and will have a large industry attendance.
Tiger Aspect will select a winner.
Creative Skillset, Tiger Aspect, ITV, ITV Studios, BBC and Hat Trick and Tiger Aspect will each select a runner up.
What are the prizes?

The winning writer will receive a paid development commission from Tiger Aspect, with mentoring from Pete Thornton, the Head of Comedy.

The runners up will receive career development prizes from ITV, the BBC and Hat Trick.

This scheme is funded by Creative Skillset's Skills Investment Funds.

Having read and re-read the info on the site I can't find anything to say you can only submit once for this op. Does anyone know if multiple entries are permitted?

Quote: Ponderer @ 2nd October 2015, 12:21 AM BST

Having read and re-read the info on the site I can't find anything to say you can only submit once for this op. Does anyone know if multiple entries are permitted?

Only if they are all as good as each other...

:)

Good point Lazzard. I was just thinking of two rather than swamping them with crap. In previous incarnations they have both done fairly well in the past but I think they might appeal to different readers so was thinking of hedging my bets.

Just had an email confirming we've made the longlist for this opportunity. Buzzing! Over 1000 submissions.