Who's looking for a sketch/sitcom writing partner

Hello there !!

I will aim to be as concise and to the point as possible..

Ideally I am looking for a comedy writing partner who enjoys performing in the sketches we create (though this is not essential). I am a Film Production grad of nearly 4 years, who is interested in producing a YouTube sketch series which can grow over time, alongside generally finding a comedy partner/writing partner/accomplice in my madness

My go-to comedic reference points are anything and everything by Victoria Wood, Two Ronnies and French & Saunders... with a side helping of shows like Smack the Pony & and Extras.. I also have a deep love of so called 'dark comedy' like Nighty Night, or tragic comedic characters like Ruth Fisher from Six Feet Under or the completely inept but loveable Valerie Cherish from The Comeback..
Please message me directly if you're interested in trying out some ideas, collaborating or simply seeing what could happen. I'd like to stress it is not my intention to find my 'comedy-clone', for me I love unusual couplings in comedy so anyone and everyone is welcome!!

I've kept this brief, but am happy to scribe short essays explaining/discussing my interests and intentions if you send me a message. I almost forgot.. I am based in the idyllic picturesque hamlet of Croydon ...(South East London or the wasteland of Surrey, depending on your persuasion..)so ideally you'll be based within reasonable travelling distance, but again, travel is a small obstacle when/if a great partnership .. grouping emerges.

Lysle

Private message me your email and we can talk as I am interested in this.

Quote: LysleLysle @ 21st July 2015, 12:55 PM BST

My go-to comedic reference points are anything and everything by Victoria Wood,

Surely not EVERYthing by the usually-wonderful Victoria?

Her "Lark Pies To Cranchesterford" was one of the biggest piles of poo ever deposited upon a TV audience by a comedy icon.

And there was this.....

Sick

Hi. I've been very interested in using YouTube to produce short comedy videos for quite a while now. Have a ton of rough drafts of potential comedy sketches to show. I try to incorporate plenty of different types of comedy into my writing: satire, black comedy, absurdist humour, wordplay. As far as video production goes, I have lots of professional-grade equipment to offer: cameras, microphones, audio-recording devices, tripods, editing software etc. So, yeah, PM if that sounds like your thing.