General Election 2015 Page 33

I love the way all those Labour tossers are slagging off Miliband after they got slaughtered. Why didn't they collectively say something before the Election?

It bloody serves them right. Anyone could see he was a nerd that nobody had any respect for.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2015, 11:15 PM BST

I love the way all those Labour tossers are slagging off Miliband after they got slaughtered. Why didn't they collectively say something before the Election?

It bloody serves them right. Anyone could see he was a nerd that nobody had any respect for.

Re Ed Miliband, I was initially nerd tolerant. Later when he became exceptionally nerdy, my patience disappeared. Given the nature of my contributions - reasonably varied I like to think - neither should come as a surprise. But this comes with the caveat that I'm not a Labour voter or a Labour tosser.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th May 2015, 2:10 AM BST

Did I ever tell you about the time I was standing next to the Chancellor when he shat his dungarees?

It was the summer of 1975 and I had a young chubby friend called Gideon

Yes you did tell us, Steve! It's always amusing, mind.

Quote: Aaron @ 11th May 2015, 11:42 PM BST

Yes you did tell us, Steve! It's always amusing, mind.

I'm keen to hear it again.

Nigel Farage called a c**t live on BBC news this morning

It's a slip of the tongue but oooh a bad one.

Watch it here

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/a-bbc-reporter-called-nigel-farage-a-c-nt-live-on-air

It is the 50th "birthday" this year of when Kenneth Tynan uttered the word "F**k" on TV and now it passes with barely a murmur - it won't be long before "c**t" is used regularly in the same way..........sadly.

Still why should we be afraid of female organs?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th May 2015, 5:12 PM BST

Still why should we be afraid of female organs?

Is anyone? That is not the point - you don't go round calling someone a f**king vagina do you? Or perhaps you do when you are out with your posh friends.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2015, 6:54 PM BST

Is anyone? That is not the point - you don't go round calling someone a f**king vagina do you? Or perhaps you do when you are out with your posh friends.

As a matter of interest, in that context do most people think of that f word as merely emphasis or a depiction of interactive movement? This is something that's been puzzling me for quite some while.

I could never understand why the word F**k was frowned upon but Bugger was almost acceptable.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th May 2015, 7:42 PM BST

I could never understand why the word F**k was frowned upon but Bugger was almost acceptable.

I know the answer to that one.

It's because what people find offensive is the hard c/k sound.

But I have no idea why they do.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th May 2015, 6:58 PM BST

As a matter of interest, in that context do most people think that of the f word as merely emphasis or a depiction of interactive movement? This is something that's been puzzling me for quite a while.

Emphasis, emphatically. It is verbal violence, and once that becomes common usage there is only physical violence left. Or to put is another way it is a release valve and once that valve becomes of no use you have an explosion.

Bugger seems a very tame word these days.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2015, 9:06 PM BST

Emphasis, emphatically. It is verbal violence, and once that becomes common usage there is only physical violence left. Or to put is another way it is a release valve and once that valve becomes of no use you have an explosion.

The problem is that you can't use it in any place where it would be helpful.

Bureaucracies etc - so that only really leaves scope for the physical stuff. :S