Advice and comments welcome first ten pages

INT. Library. Morning
Iver walks passed the counter, the elderly librarian is placing books onto a trolley, a woman pushes her child around the aisles as she browses the books. Iver heads to a table, takes a seat and pulls a paperback novel out. Behind him we see the back of BIS, a scruffy, hairy 25 year old New Zealander who is playing space invaders on the outdated PC, we see a sign which reads "Internet has gone". Bis doesn't turn around to greet Iver.

Bis
How'd it go yesterday?

IVER
Terrible.

Bis sighs and swivels around to face Iver.

Bis
It's the mode of delivery. A stranger at your door only ever means bad news.

IVER
Thats not true. What if they want directions?

BIS
Nobody asks for directions anymore, everyone knows Siri has that covered. No if somebody comes to your house saying they're lost, barricade the door because they want to eat your face.

IVER
Ridiculous argument. I'm not taking advice on door to door sales from someone who doesn't own a door.

BIS
I do own a door!

IVER
I mean an actual house door, a 3 door estate doesn't count.

BIS
Oh.

Bis swivels back to the computer and starts playing his game again. Iver sits in silence a minute, obviously pondering his problem. He looks up at the wall clock which shows 20 past 9 in the morning.

IVER (CONT'D)
Late this morning. Wonder if shes gone in?

BIS
She better not have, I want some flying saucers.

IVER
Mate, surely you'd rather she gets an education than you get, what? Breakfast?

BIS
I'd rather get my sherberty breakfast treat to be honest.

IVER
And people say you only look out for yourself.

Bis turns quickly on his chair facing Iver.

Bis
Who says that?! Whoever it is-

A pack of flying saucers hits Bis in the face. JENNY, 17, a blonde haired goth, strolls over to the table and dumps her bag on the floor.

BIS
Naww Jenny, you shouldn't have!

JENNY
You're right, I shouldn't and I won't be again. Get a job and buy your own damn sweets.

BIS
I've got a job!

Bis opens the bag and starts eating and emptying sherbert out of the saucers into his mouth. Jenny takes a seat opposite Iver and picks up the paperback of the table.

jenny
You sell any today?

IVER
Not a one.

Jenny gives Iver a sympathetic look.

JENNY
Sorry Iver. It's a great book, people just need to give it a chance.
Bis is still piling sweets into his mouth.

BIS
Maybe they're judging it's cover.

Bis is smiling widely, loving the rubbish joke he just made. Jenny shoots him an angry stare. Bis looks down into his bag. Jenny turns back to Iver.

JENNY
What do you reckon you'll do?

IVER
I dunno.

Iver looks over at Bis, readying for the onslaught
. Iver (cont'd)
Been thinking I might move to London.

Bis stops eating. He's got sherbert all over his beard.

Bis
Move? To London? But what about me?

IVER
What about you?

BIS
Iver, you told me you'd help get me home!

IVER
This isn't E.T Bis, just hop on a flight!

BIS
Damn right this isn't E.T! Elliot would never have grown up to be this much of a dick!

Bis has now stood up and is pacing around the table.

BIS (Cont'd)
And what about Jenny?! She's never guna set foot in school again without you guilt tripping her all the time. I'm worried for her.

Jenny is busy flicking through Ivers book.

JENNY
Don't worry about me, I'll be absolutely fine.

BIS
Shut up Jenny. When was all this decided?!

Jenny goes back to reading the book, obviously not interested in the heated debate.

IVER
Just calm down Scarface, nothing's set in stone yet.

Bis touches his face and realises he has white sherbert all over his moustache and nose.

BIS
Very funny, and for the record his name was Tony Montana, not Scarface.

IVER
You know for a destitute, car dweller, your knowledge of films is quite impressive.

BIS
Don't try flatter your way out of this!

Bis takes a seat and everyone is seated around the table in silence as the argument simmers down. Iver sighs deeply looking despondent.

IVER
Or I could just get a job around here I suppose.

Bis instantly perks up.

BIS
Yeah! Do that! I think that would be the best thing for you. Stay here, nice and safe and close.

Iver turns and looks at the PC. He sees the "Internet has gone" sign. He sighs again as he gets up.

IVER
Guess I'm guna have to do this the old fashion way. I'm guna go get a paper, hopefully followed by a job.

Iver gets up and heads towards the library exit. Bis starts laughing to himself. Jenny snaps at him clearly annoyed.

JENNY
What are you laughing at?

BIS
Internet has gone. She means it's broken. Old people are funny, where does she think it's gone?! On holiday?!

Jenny
Shut up. You realise Iver is staying here out of some misplaced loyalty to you. He's holding of his dream to help you.

BIS
I didn't ask him to!

JENNY
You've got to make it up to him Bis. If he stays, he needs to know you appreciate him.

BIS
I'm not doing anything weird to him.

JENNY
No, don't be stupid. We need to get into his flat and get hold of some of the books.

Bis sighs heavily.

BIS
I guess you want me to bring the palace round?

JENNY
Well you may aswell do something useful.

BIS
Fine, but you're sticking a fiver in the tank.

EXT. Library. Day
Jenny is waiting outside the library. Bis pulls up in an old black hearse, the registration reads "M3 SH4G". It's clear Bis is living in the hearse, there's an old mattress in the back, along with his toothbrush and clothes. Jenny looks unimpressed, flicking some boxer shorts off as she gets into the passengers seat.

JENNY
M3 SH4G?

BIS
Yeah, me shag. They didn't have shag me so I had to settle on that, it works well though doesn't it.

JENNY
No, not on a hearse, not on any car!

BIS
What's up with it?

JENNY
You sound like a prehistoric rapist! Not to mention it's incredibly disrespectful. Don't you feel weird sleeping where so many bodies have been?

BIS
Nah not really. It's a great way to start the day, making it out that back door alive when so many didn't. You know, like I'm beating them.

JENNY
What has your life come, scoring points against the dead.

BIS
The silent contestant! Right, shall we head off?

Bis presses play on the stereo and the chorus to Alive by Pearl Jam comes on, the hearse pulls away with Bis singing "I'm still alive" in his best Eddie Vedder voice.

INT. Corner shop. Day
Iver is stood trying to balance a paper on a tiny lotto ticket stand. He's looking through the job vacancies and spots an advert for shop assistant at a large bookshop chain. He pulls out his mobile phone and calls the number.

IVER
Oh, hi my name is Iver Hurtz. I was just calling to see if the shop assistant vacancy was still available and if so..

Iver stops talking and listens in to the phone.

IVER (CONT'D)
It is?! Oh brilliant, am I able to arrange an interview? (Pause) now? Well yeah I can be there in 15 minutes (pause) run? Erm ok, I'll be there as soon as pos (pause) quicker? Right ok.

Iver hangs up and leaves the corner shop slowly, he stops still outside looking confused about the odd phone call. He then begins sprinting toward the shop.

EXT. Ivers flat. Day
Bis and Jenny pull up outside Ivers building. They get out of the car and walk to the door. Jenny starts rooting through her bag. Bis notices a woman walking towards them.

BIS
That's the type of girl I'd go after, if I was, you know, out for it.

Jenny looks up, looking at the woman.

JENNY
She wouldn't look at you twice.

BIS
Harsh. Any girl would be lucky to have me. I've got that whole, I need looking after thing, going on.

JENNY
Bis, girls do not want a scruffy, bearded baby. Trust me, that girl would not go out with you.

BIS
Not every girl is like you Jenny. They don't all want a 7 stone guy who thinks he may be a girl, who wears skinny black jeans and a joy division t shirt, alright. She, is a real woman, who wants a real man. And I'll prove it.

Bis straightens himself up and starts walking towards the woman as Jenny looks on. As he gets closer the woman crosses the road. Bis stops at a bus stop and pretends to read the times. He turns round and starts walking back to Jenny. They both watch as the woman now crosses back over and carries on walking.

BIS
Well I proved the point I was trying to, she couldn't keep her eyes of me!

JENNY
Only to make sure you weren't lurking in her blind spot.

Jenny pulls a Set of keys from her bag and opens the door.

JENNY (Cont'd)
Right, now that you've taken a break from stalking women, can we head upstairs and grab these books please?

BIS
I suppose so.

Jenny and bis walk into the building.

Int. Ivers flat. day
Jenny and Bis, queitly enter Ivers flat. They see he's not there and relax a little. They look around and we see Iver lives in a small dated one roomed studio apartment. He has mountains of boxes placed all over the flat.
Bis goes straight to Ivers fridge and opens it up. There's nothing in there except a jar of jam, a bottle of supermarkets own lemonade and a pack of party ring biscuits. Bis pulls the party rings out and starts eating.

BIS
Has Iver started catering children's birthdays or something?

Jenny
I've no idea Bis I very much doubt it. Look we need to grab the books and get out of here quickly.

Bis puts the biscuits down and suddenly springs into action.

BIS
Right! Yes the books. Where do you think he's put them all?

We see Bis with bits of biscuit in his beard, stood in the middle of lots of brown boxes marked with "my shit books" Staring intently at Jenny.

INT. Bookshop. Day
A man is stood next to the checkout staring at the stopwatch in his hand that reads just over 14 minutes. His name tag reads "Manager".
Iver suddenly bursts through the door, he's red, flustered and sweaty. He sees the man stood in front of him, he stumbles up to him with his hand outstretched.

IVER
(Panting)
Hi..you..must..be..Mr..

The manager doesn't acknowledge the outstretched hand.

Manager
Manager. Just call me Manager.

IVER
Right..

Iver drops his hand and is now leaning on the checkout, trying to catch his breath. He puts his thumb up, indicating he understands.

MANAGER
Is this the state you usually turn up to interviews in?

Iver shakes his head and turns his thumb down.

MANAGER
Right, you're going to go through a series of challenges to see if you're up to working in the harsh environment of best books. If you're successful, we will then Proceed to the interview. Understand?
Iver attempts to say yes but instead let's out a husky gasp.

MANAGER
Good. You only just passed the time trial. So I don't hold much hope. Follow me.
The manager turns on his heels and briskly walks down the aisle towards the back of the shop. Iver stands swaying for a minute before bumbling after him.

INT. Bookshop Managers office. Day
Iver is sat in the managers office. The office is dark apart from a bright light hovering low over Iver. The manager is pacing behind Iver looking at a clipboard.

MANAGER
The following challenges are designed to test both your mental and physical skills. It will tell me whether or not you would fit in here.

IVER
Erm, I thought I was just applying for the shop assistant vacancy? 18 hours a week?

MANAGER
Mr Hurtz, everyone of my staff is at the top of their fields within the book shop industry and a single chink in the armour, pour example, you, would create a weakness. Now I believe that due to my rigorous regime of physical training, mind stimuli and surprise attacks, no such weakness exsists in my shop.

IVER
Attacks?

The manager places his hand on Ivers shoulder.

MANAGER
Don't worry about them Iver Hurtz. Not yet anyway.

Hi, this is the first ten or so pages of an idea I've been working on. I've tried to take the advice that I was given from my last thread, so I'm hoping that you see the character interactions, we get to know their personalities straight away and the plot and sub plot are established. The rest of the episode would go onto show the manager forcing Iver to perform crazy challenges which are totally out of keeping of a book shop interview. We'd also follow bis and Jenny attempt to help Iver out by selling xo,e of his books but I'm yet to fully figure that. It out!
Thanks for reading