INT. A blooming big room

Morning,
I'm working on a sitcom script where a lot of action takes place in a pub. The opening scene is a series of micro scenes set at the bar or at different tables. I want to get the script notation right. So, can someone with some experience help me out.

1, two people exchange a few lines at the bar. then two completely unrelated people exchange a few lines at a table. Are these two different scenes? Should they both be started INT. The pub by the bar and INT. The pub at the table?

2,I want to show a scene from someone else's POV. Is that INT. At the bar from POV of Lucy

or

INT. At the Bar

We see the action from POV of Lucy.

Thanks. I really struggle with script annotation.

One scene . One POV set up in stage directions.

"INT. A bar." is more usual. A person would be "at a bar".

Just put AT THE BAR in stage directions no need for INT

Mr P is right.
if you're moving about continuously in an area, just put little slug lines in.
BAR
FRUIT MACHINE
DART BOARD etc etc
There's an argument for only putting new scenes in when there's a time gap -or a big set-up is required
So if someone's searching a house, for instance, you would start with -
INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE - DAY
Then just use slug-lines as he moves around
BATHROOM
BEDROOM
HALL
But you might want a new scene to set up a sequence that needs describing i.e.

INT. ATTIC - DAY
The kind of place you only go if you have to - full of long-forgotten toys and furniture...

It's all about clarity and an easy read.

Excellent work guys. Thank you. Cleared it up for me.

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th August 2014, 12:16 PM BST

INT. ATTIC - DAY
The kind of place you only go if you have to - full of long-forgotten toys and furniture...

Not wishing to sound like a creep but in one line you have managed to create a fully formed picture of what the attic should look like in my head. Impressive.