1st Post - YouTube show?

Hi there, first post so excuse the outpouring of mushed up ideas as I choose the folks of BCG as my guinea pigs for my (quite possibly) unique experiment.

I'm writing apps recently, which leads me to various corners of the 'net to find out just what is needed to get 'the hit' app and success. I was staggered to see the amounts made by certain people who basically play games while commenting on YouTube. Granted, there's a little more to it and I know my young son is crackers on some of these shows but t got me thinking 'I'm in the wrong market'..... In my distant past I've worked a little in CGI animation and written for publications on the subject but let it all slide while I donated my brain to learning to program.

Thus, I got to thinking..could a CGI TV show, based on playing and (more likely) reviewing games go down well? There's an awful lot of copycats out there, mostly awful, who do the whole playing/commentating thing to the point of over-saturation, but I'm thinking of a short show, almost a sketch/skit where animated characters do a little slapstick/crack some jokes/swear (possibly) while reviewing games.

i have some characters in mind that I designed in the past which I'd planned for a parody of a TV soap, the tricky next step is to get advice and help from the right people. After looking at forums for voice actors/animators/games reviewers it struck me that a UK based comedy writing forum might just hold the key.
So, I'd love it for a load of you to pile in on this, with little nuggets of advice, ideas and suggestions, whether you'd be up for helping to see the feasibility...writers who enjoy their video gaming whether Playstation/Xbox or touch pads, voice artists/impressionists who'd like to voice characters, possibly someone who has a little experience in YouTube productions..that sort of thing.

This is all a bit off the cuff during my dinnerbreak and not too seriously structured yet but I'd like to think if successful then a monetized channel could be created with payments to all contributors..that's a way off yet but I'd love some feedback, especially from any one who's dabbled with a YouTube channel themselves.

Thank you, it's nice to meet you all, I hope to hang around a bit as the forums have been very entertaining.

Sounds interesting. My gaming speak isn't what it used to be but should you get to the production stage I would be happy to help out with writing and possibly do voiceover.

Another member posted something along these lines only recently. It was one of those war type games and he basically added "funny" subtitles if I remember right. He was more taking the mick out of those that partake in it than anything else though and I don't think it went down to well.

Thanks for the offer Craig. I've been tempted to do the old subtitle thing before but what I have in mind is much more fun, and hopefully is something that's not going down the same route as so much other stuff, anything that gets success is copied and squeezed dry ( as the App stores are showing me to my dismay). I'm aiming at something fun and if it impresses a wide audience (nc non-gamers) and my son enough to watch it/comment on it I'm close to the magic formula!

Will message you in a bit with a rundown of things.

Anyone with any YouTube experiences or such like? I'd really like to get some basic ideas going for this, though I understand these projects come and go frequently and I'm only on my 3rd/4th post so.. I'm going through all of my project data from a few years back and will get some rough screens and even 'auditions' from my cgi actors.
So is it possible to link or imbed videos and images into threads?
And does anyone fancy a bit of fun with some voice acting? Two of my actors are caricatures of the Mitchell Bros from Eastenders, so anyone with a gruff Mockney accent would be good.

But basically, as I've told Craig who messaged me, if you're into a bit of surreal and slapstick stuff then this could be for you so do keep an eye on this thread.