Three Scripwriters Page 2

A good take on a classic sketch... nothing less than I would have expected from this particular writer...

As for having a dig at forum members, as far as I'm concerned we're all fair game... If we can spend hours consructing concepts to mock the great and the good let's not get precious when some one points out our own foibles...

Matthew 7: 3-5

kjs

yeah who cares! none of you are real anyway!

Quote: wayne lewis @ February 24, 2008, 10:14 AM

He's realised.... KILL HIM!!!! Now... before he warns the others...

kjs

Quote: wayne lewis @ February 24, 2008, 10:14 AM

:O Laughing out loud

too late.

It wasn't a bad twist in my opinion on the two ronnies sketch.

Shit dig as BSG though, as you're actually posting on this forum and no doubt consider yourself a writer Laughing out loud

Quote: Paul W @ February 24, 2008, 10:44 AM

Shit dig as BSG though, as you're actually posting on this forum and no doubt consider yourself a writer Laughing out loud

I think it's quite a good dig at BSG and at all other groups of writers.

It's human nature to wish to avoid being the 'worst' at anything and, in any group, therefore, the mediocre are grateful for the presence of those so bad that they make the mediocre look good.

That's why people are usually kind to awful writers. They're afraid that, unless they're nice to such people, they'll leave and everybody else will move closer to the bottom of the talent pile.

I made BSG the butt of the joke simply because this is BSG.

If I'd sent the sketch around the inboxes of any newspaper or tv company, the butt of the joke would have been that particular paper or tv company.

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 24, 2008, 11:20 AM

I think it's quite a good dig at BSG and at all other groups of writers.

It's human nature to wish to avoid being the 'worst' at anything and, in any group, therefore, the mediocre are grateful for the presence of those so bad that they make the mediocre look good.

I made BSG the butt of the joke simply because this is BSG.

I don't think you see what I was trying to say but whatever!

Quote: sootyj @ February 24, 2008, 9:39 AM

Having just read it again, change punchline to BBC, or ITV and this skit could easily go all the way. Do you submit your stuff else where?

Alas, when someone's as comedically clueless as I am, what would be the point? :(

are you schizophrenic? one minute you're a genius the next your a self degrading arse. making up your minds and stop harping on. take it like a man.

I think you'll find this is a comedy forum, Wayne.

I think you'll also find 'irony' and 'sarcasm' are forms of comedy.

Second to lastly, I think you'll find you meant 'self-deprecating' rather than 'self-degrading'.

And lastly, if you have nothing pleasant to say, please say nothing.

Much love.

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 24, 2008, 8:28 AM

It's hard to see any constructive motivation behind this new member's posting.

I credited the original source at the start of the posting even though most people with serious aspirations to be a comedy writer will immediately recognise the source and many will know it almost by heart.

It's interesting that this mysterious new member has made just two postings - both of them snide and both about MY sketches.

Funny postings are made by funny people.

Boring postings are made by boring people.

Angry postings are made by angry people.

Sad, snidey, little postings are made by . . .

Answers on a postcard to:

Billwill competition
BSG Forum
Cyberland

How very strange ?
How could anyone construe

And in case anyone wants to compare it to the original: http://www.epicure.demon.co.uk/0415A.html

as being snide?

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 24, 2008, 11:20 AM

If I'd sent the sketch around the inboxes of any newspaper or tv company, the butt of the joke would have been that particular paper or tv company.

Have you done so yet?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/5559

I think we ought to interrogate Bushbaby. She knows about Foxybox and his not so wicked ways. But would that be animal cruelty? Anyway I'm not offended because it's a skit and skit's are exactly what they are. You'd be mad to rise to the bait.