Comedy Playhouse 2014: Monks Page 3

Quote: sootyj @ 14th May 2014, 3:30 PM BST

Aaron if you're suggesting "could have been better with Corden", then that maybe the most dire critique ever.

No, I'm saying that it was very different to a previous pilot for the same potential series.

I wasn't that keen on Heap, personally, and I usually like him. Only really liked Fleet. Walsh in particular has no business being in a sitcom.

I can see this being developed as a series. Lots of characters and scope for different stories.

It wasn't ultra funny but I think it has potential.

I haven't seen Miller's Mountain yet though.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th May 2014, 5:20 PM BST

No, I'm saying that I enjoyed this pilot, but it was very different to a previous pilot for the same potential series.

You'd enjoy a dog in a red cap if it was studio audience.

No doubt this will get a series out of stubbornness.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 14th May 2014, 9:06 PM BST

You'd enjoy a dog in a red cap if it was studio audience.

No. I hate dogs.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th May 2014, 8:29 PM BST

I can see this being developed as a series. Lots of characters and scope for different stories.

It wasn't ultra funny but I think it has potential.

Normally I would respect anybodies opinion as it's all subjective...however ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR TINY MIND??????? (and you Aaron)

Bubonic plague was funnier..with better characters as well. Acting dire, but in fairness they had little to work with. Possible rival to Big Top for awfulness of writing.

I've just noticed the tag under the show 'A current comedy programme'. Can I sue under trade descriptions?

Quote: roscoff @ 15th May 2014, 11:33 AM BST

Normally I would respect anybodies opinion as it's all subjective...however ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR TINY MIND??????? (and you Aaron)

Probably.

Lots of characters is pretty easy to do - just write lots of characters.

I was the one who originally posted something similar in the critique but it was not this. Completely unrelated and coincidental.