Sketch

MAN IS TIED TO A POST, BLIND FOLDED AND IN FRONT OF A FIRING SQUAD.

SERGEANT
Any last requests sir?

MAM
I want to convert to Islam.

SERGEANT
Islam? Why's that sir?

MAN
Better a muslim dies than a Christian.

Hmm, yeah, I thought this worked well for what it was.

:D I know, it's racist, well not quite as it's religion

That's a very brave post just now BB. But it made me giggle. :D

There's just been riotous laughter at my house.

Not at the sketch itself but at James's critique.

We're wondering what he would have said if I'd posted that sketch.

Someone's just observed "James doesn't write critiques. He writes HYPOCRITiques".

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loudLaughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

He's a very polite executioner!

FoxyBox, calm down.

Very good BB. It says it all and needs nothing more.

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 22, 2008, 8:51 PM

Someone's just observed "James doesn't write critiques. He writes HYPOCRITiques".

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loudLaughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I
BEG
you pardon?

When I posted "it's good for what it is" I meant because it's a short throwaway line that's quite funny.

If I post negative critique it's because I think the piece is relatively poor. If I'm positive it's because I think it's relatively good.

Your blind arrogance astounds me - and believe me, it's fooling noone.

Tell all the people in your head house they're deluded.
:)

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 22, 2008, 8:51 PM

Oh? so you don't find the sketch funny....stalks off in disgust :D

It's a funny joke that you could tell to people you knew wouldn't be offended. I'm not knocking the joke.

The thing is that everybody on this forum knows, if I'd posted that sketch, James would not have posted the crit he did. He's have posted a radically different and very negative crit.

We all know that.

Even Rockabilly, the guy who hates me more than anybody else in the whole wide world, will at this moment be turning to his inflatable girlfriend and saying "He's right, you know".

Quote: FoxyBox @ February 22, 2008, 9:39 PM

It's a funny joke that you could tell to people you knew wouldn't be offended. I'm not knocking the joke.

The thing is that everybody on this forum knows, if I'd posted that sketch, James would not have posted the crit he did. He's have posted a radically different and very negative crit.

We all know that.

Even Rockabilly, the guy who hates me more than anybody else in the whole wide world, will now be turning to his inflatable girlfriend and saying "He's right you know".

For God's sake Foxy, give it a rest.

I didn't like ONE of your sketches.
Get
Over
It
!

I don't give a toss who's written what; I'm not that sad. I critique on a piece's merits - as anyone on this forum can testify.

It takes skill to take a topic that could come across as being racist or simply for shock value and actually make an excellent, bang on the money joke out of it. In my opinion, this is superb.

Very nice.

(and the above is in no way meant as a sly dig to anyone else - just admiring the skill in a quality gag)

Thanks barb, I wish we could all calm down and concentrate on comedy, but Foxy is likable, give him some space james

Quote: bushbaby @ February 22, 2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks barb, I wish we could all calm down and concentrate on comedy, but Foxy is likable, give him some space james

Do you want to send him into orbit?