Gong Show Audience Vs Open Spot Audience

Recently did King Gong at The Comedy Store, and won (no idea how). The first thing that struck me on the night was the audience' reluctance to laugh. I'm not saying I was hilarious but having watched the video back it seems so different from when I was there, I also heard a woman shout "card" about a minute in, I know they are encouraged to be brutal and just wanted to know if the audiences are a little bit more lenient at open spots?

Here it is anyway my 6th gig - http://youtu.be/F8_OHsCY5yc

Well done, King Gong is a very, very tough challenge it's also the most arsehole gig in the world. Where people go literally to be arseholes, so no one gets many laughs.
Good stuff.

Thanks, there was a bloke sat behind me and just abused every act from start to finish so just hoping open spot audiences are a bit more respectful.

No one goes to it for comedy, open spots is more like group therapy in a home for criminally insane and criminally unfunny clowns

King Gong at the Store is equivalent to trying to keep a ravenous, rabid 10 foot tall polar bear as a pet, where as open spots range from harmless, fluffy little guinea pigs to wild eyed Alsatians.

There were some funny lines in there, Liam. Enjoyable set although some of the topics were a little obvious.

Appreciate the feedback, I'm guessing the topics you're referring to are the TV stuff, Jeremy Kyle etc...? I'm hoping to move it on a bit now, this was my 6th gig and second time at King Gong. After seeing the other acts fail with various types of material I just decided to go with a tried and tested routine which luckily worked. I've been booked for an open spot at the comedy store on the back of this which is 10 mins so that gives me more stage time to try new ideas.